sinead81 Registered User

Hi all - anyone know anywhere with a half decent price?? Any recommendations? I work in Dublin 2, just off Grafton Street so needless to say I am avoiding the jewllers there. Sky high prices!!! It is a white gold ring which I need redipped!

gmf1024 Registered User

Vincent O'Neill aka Goldfinger on South Anne St. is very very reasonable. I think my wife got her white gold ring resized and dipped for €10 and later got a diamond remounted and two rings dipped for €25.
Other people also recommend Patrick Glynn on Middle Abbey street.

1 person has thanked this post
Wftablueboy Registered User

A ring resized and redipped ( I presume you mean re rhodium plated ) for a tenner , and a diamond reset and 2 rings re plated for 25 quid ...... You'd hardly get a cup of coffee at those prices in Grafton st..........

gmf1024 Registered User

Yes - rhodium plated and resized for €10 - that was four years ago but the second visit was only three months ago. Actually it was a posting on boards that tipped her off

Wftablueboy Registered User

Good man , nothing like giving people out of date advice , by the way anyone looking for cheap petrol , the esso station on the ballymun road is 97 cent a litre ....... Well it was when I passed it 4 years ago lol....

sinead81 Registered User

Hi - I went around to Vincent O'Neill yesterday and he is €10 for a ring to be redipped. So no inflation on prices there. Thank you for the tip off, you have saved me a small fortune.

And the esso in ballymun? Might just try that out, ya never know haha!

gmf1024 Registered User

Good to hear you got sorted.
Glad to be of help.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!