NoQuarter Registered User

This time of year makes me reflect on my life all of the time because I see the little nippers getting offered all these fancy courses and heading off to college and it makes me realise how different my life could be had I just chosen a different route or a different course or had taken the time as a secondary school kid to take a step back and consider the future.

I've just qualified as a Barrister this year so there are some exciting times ahead and I've grown to love the law but sometimes I cant help wonder how on earth I got here! Why law!?? It was so long ago I cant really remember my reasoning.

IF I had the chance to go back to my leaving cert, I'd put in more work, go to a better school and apply for Physics with Astronomy & Space Science in UCD. I reckon that area would interest me and it looks like a great little course! Maybe even work toward becoming an astronaut! Would be a cool field anyways.

So AH'ers, if you could turn back the time what alternate route would you take in life? Solely work/education related I'm talking. I dont care if you wish you hadnt fingerbanged stacey from the block. Or if you are generally happy, is there even a "what if" in there somewhere?

Vent.

TL;DR - if you could turn back time, what road would you take? (No Robert Frost/Cher jokes please.)

EDIT - Come on folks, give us more that a 1 line answer, what do you do now and what would you rather be doing???

speedboatchase Registered User

Is the clock a metaphor??

Hardonraging Registered User

The one where i didnt **** **** up ...

El Guapo! Moderator

I'd avoid my current career like the fukn plague.

Ziegfeldgirl27 Registered User

I wished I stayed on in school and did something, anything! I am working in a post office now and i hate it. I wish I could o something I love. But I have too many bill to pay to give up work and go back to college.

speedboatchase said:
Is the clock a metaphor??

It's a metaphor for your digital watch.

ForeverYoung90 Registered User

NoQuarter said:
This time of year makes me reflect on my life all of the time because I see the little nippers getting offered all these fancy courses and heading off to college and it makes me realise how different my life could be had I just chosen a different route or a different course or had taken the time as a secondary school kid to take a step back and consider the future.

I've just qualified as a Barrister this year so there are some exciting times ahead and I've grown to love the law but sometimes I cant help wonder how on earth I got here! Why law!?? It was so long ago I cant really remember my reasoning.

IF I had the chance to go back to my leaving cert, I'd put in more work, go to a better school and apply for Physics with Astronomy & Space Science in UCD. I reckon that area would interest me and it looks like a great little course! Maybe even work toward becoming an astronaut! Would be a cool field anyways.

So AH'ers, if you could turn back the time what alternate route would you take in life? Solely work/education related I'm talking. I dont care if you wish you hadnt fingerbanged stacey from the block. Or if you are generally happy, is there even a "what if" in there somewhere?

Vent.

TL;DR - if you could turn back time, what road would you take? (No Robert Frost/Cher jokes please.)

Thinly veiled 'I got over 500 points in my leaving cert' thread.

7 people have thanked this post

NoQuarter said:

I've just qualified as a Barrister this year

How much do you charge per case?

Do you prefer cash or blood?

bluewolf being awesome

no change

AlmightyCushion Moderator

I'd turn it back 30 minutes, fecking missed coronation street.

1 person has thanked this post

ForeverYoung90 said:
Thinly veiled 'I got over 500 points in my leaving cert' thread.

Nowhere near it! I went the long route!

turn back time to 1987 whenI **** myself in class and got bullied that I had to leave a year later aged 16 with no quals

had to leave town as was known as ****tycunt

25 years later and if I go back home somone will still call me ****tycunt

Cassidy28 Registered User

"If i could find a way "

phasers Registered User

I'm still feckin confused about what I want to do :/

I've considered doing a load of courses until something sticks but I'm too poor fo that.

How do you grown ups know what you want to do with your life?

Casillas Registered User

NoQuarter said:

Vent.

EDIT - Come on folks, give us more that a 1 line answer, what do you do now and what would you rather be doing???

You did law, you're progressing in your career and you love your job - what's the problemo?!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!