johnny_ultimate Production Model EVA-02

The much anticipated sequel has finally arrived!

More films!

More recent!

More Boogaloo!

Also, just on a housekeeping note, it's usually worth checking if there's a dedicated thread to more recent films you might be posting about. You could even consider starting a thread! More likely to kick off an in-depth discussion which can sometimes get lost in megathreads such as this.

The original thread can be found here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055488699

7 people have thanked this post
MagicMarker Banned

Dammit I wanted the 10,000th post!!!

1 person has thanked this post
johnny_ultimate Production Model EVA-02

MagicMarker said:
Dammit I wanted the 10,000th post!!!

Heh didn't even realise it was you who got the last 'proper' post in the thread as well as the first! May the circle be unbroken as they say

mrmorgan Registered User

Looking forward for this thread to start

Nice timing, ending the previous thread on the 666th page

5 people have thanked this post
WHIP IT! Registered User

Electric Boogaloo = great name for a racehorse! (*adds to long list of racehorse names for when he's an eccentric racehorse-owning billionaire.... with a massive mickey*)

mrmorgan Registered User

Delightfully Pessimistic said:
Nice timing, ending the previous thread on the 666th page

And let the devil movies begin!!

After reading the title of the thread I wish that this ----------> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086999/ was the last thing I watched

Mark Hamill Registered User

From the last thread:

Mickeroo
MiloYossarian
Redbelt Really enjoyed it, love Mamet and love Chiwetel Ejiofor ("This is a good death...an honourable death.")
Great film, deserves a lot more recognition. I love how it manages to be a proper human drama yet still maintains the basic plot of a standard martial arts film.

Redbelt? This Redbelt? That film was awful. The characters where both dull and ridiculous, the fights were like really poorly done BJJ demonstrations (slow and awkward) and the moves shown just don't work.

mrmorgan Registered User

The last exorcism.

It's not up there with all the other horror films but if you have nothing to watch its worth a look.

"A Further Gesture" (1997) tonight on VHS purchased on Adverts.ie! Yet another IRA movie with Stephen Rea in the main role. Slow moving but worth the effort of watching. Stephen Rea, Brendan Gleeson and the usual suspects escape from a NI prison but the escape is fiasco and Rea is forced to flee to the USA where he lies low in a non-Irish part of New York. There he is befriended by a Latin American brother and sister and the movie moves towards its inevitable conclusion.... 6/10

don ramo Registered User

the old thread deserves to be a sticky, anyway for that to happen

saw 2 good film recently, The Cabin in the Woods and The Tall Man, 2 very good thrillers and both really seemed to fly under the radar in the cinema,

For anyone not watching it - "Lava Storm" (2008) is on RTE.2. at the moment and as one of the reviews on Imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183727/reviews put it , 'it's like a car crash, it is so terrible that you just can't look away'.....awful script, direction, acting.....

mrmorgan Registered User

don ramo said:
the old thread deserves to be a sticky, anyway for that to happen

saw 2 good film recently, The Cabin in the Woods and The Tall Man, 2 very good thrillers and both really seemed to fly under the radar in the cinema,

The cabin in the woods seems to be getting good reviews on here. I must give it a try

Zapp Brannigan Registered User

The Raid: Redemption. Enjoyed it, though I was kind of annoyed by the dub. Should've watched the subtitled version. *insert Fr Ted image*

Battle Royale: Director's Cut. Haven't seen it in a few years but it's still as good as I remember. One day I'll get around to reading the book.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!