I have been playing this for a few weeks now, awesome game the size and level of detail is just astonishing. However, I do find the missions slightly tedious, which seem to consist mainly of going to some cave to fight the undead and fetching a staff for some bloke. Am I missing something here? Is there more to this game, perhaps later on?

Zomg Okay Registered User

It sounds like you're doing the Miscellaneous objectives, which are quite generic. Proper side quests and storylines are usually more interesting.

If that doesn't help you could try a new character build. I was originally playing as a Breton spellsword, got bored of that and built an Imperial sneak-thief. Never had more fun.

2 people have thanked this post
JohnMarston Registered User

Chazz Michael Michaels said:
I have been playing this for a few weeks now, awesome game the size and level of detail is just astonishing. However, I do find the missions slightly tedious, which seem to consist mainly of going to some cave to fight the undead and fetching a staff for some bloke. Am I missing something here? Is there more to this game, perhaps later on?

I got my dragon armour, completed most of the quests, sided with both factions, completed the game. Packed it in before fetching the daedric artefacts, i have to leave it for a good while now

ahnowbrowncow Registered User

Chazz Michael Michaels said:

Na it does get boring after awhile, the quests are quite tedious, the guilds were disappointing and it has less character customisation than morrowind and oblivion

1 person has thanked this post
Chancer3001 Registered User

so im a greatsword yielding orc this time.

for a new game whats the most opposite to that I could go?

Chancer3001 said:
so im a greatsword yielding orc this time.

for a new game whats the most opposite to that I could go?

Any character who fights his or her battles in the shadows, killing people with a dagger or a bow before they even know there's an enemy in their midst.

jayteecork Banned

I gave up on Skyrim.

Quests ARE tedious. Combat is ridic simplistic. Loading times (ps3 version) are a pain. Dragons offer no challenge, horrible yank accents ("you'll never beat an Orc!") in a thick American accent? No thanks!

give me Demon or Dark Souls anyday

jayteecork said:
I gave up on Skyrim.

Quests ARE tedious. Combat is ridic simplistic. Loading times (ps3 version) are a pain. Dragons offer no challenge, horrible yank accents ("you'll never beat an Orc!") in a thick American accent? No thanks!

give me Demon or Dark Souls anyday

Yeah, the PS3 version really struggles.

thats what I have.

Once you turn off the autosave youre laughing!

Really wish id discovered that trick sooner!

Who would best be suited to killing people in the shadows? Khajiit?

also, wouldnt that be a bit pants when I have to fight a dragon etc!!?

Chancer3001 said:
also, wouldnt that be a bit pants when I have to fight a dragon etc!!?

Put time and perks into your Alchemy, and take every opportunity to learn a new Shout. The poisons you'll develop will, along with some Shouting, will bring even an Ancient Dragon into line.

only shout ive ever used on a dragon is dragonrend to make him land so I can bate him with my massive sword!!

Are there any other worthwhile ones?

Must really get into magic. Ive never ever cast a scroll in combat and only magic I ever use is clairvoyance and destruction.

Chancer3001 said:
only shout ive ever used on a dragon is dragonrend to make him land so I can bate him with my massive sword!!

Are there any other worthwhile ones?

Must really get into magic. Ive never ever cast a scroll in combat and only magic I ever use is clairvoyance and destruction.

Most of the Shouts are worthwhile in one way or another, in my experience.

Just heard of another interesting way to play the game. Start over, crank the difficulty up to Master and play by the rule "Dead means dead". If the Dragonborn dies, you start over...

no way!

dead is dead would be ****, some of those master mages kill you with one shot.

too many dragons just eat you at the start too!!

Spellbreaker shield is awesome, just got it.

who would be the best race to do magic with?

Chancer3001 said:
no way!

dead is dead would be ****, some of those master mages kill you with one shot.

too many dragons just eat you at the start too!!

Spellbreaker shield is awesome, just got it.

who would be the best race to do magic with?

I'm tempted, I'll be honest. Imagine how much more intense each and every fight would be if death was the end.

Best races for Magic would probably be Breton or High Elf.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!