fletch Registered User

Just to let you guys know, Lidl have the Parkside pressure washer back in stock for €119.99. I picked one up this morning. My parents have had the presssure washer(Lavor Superwash 160) they bought from Lidl over 3 years ago and it was the best cold water domestic washer I had ever used...no issues, so fingers crossed this is as reliable/powerful

MetzgerMeister Der Möderätor

The trigger on these is very unuser-friendly. It's hard to hold it down and will give you a pain in your forearm.

Also, they are not great quality as I had one and it had to back due to the motor constantly running even when not in use and a pin-hole leak in the lance before the connector point.

It[s proving tough to get my money back too as the leak happened after the 2 month store warranty expired.

2 people have thanked this post
fletch Registered User

MetzgerMeister said:
The trigger on these is very unuser-friendly. It's hard to hold it down and will give you a pain in your forearm.

Also, they are not great quality as I had one and it had to back due to the motor constantly running even when not in use and a pin-hole leak in the lance before the connector point.

It[s proving tough to get my money back too as the leak happened after the 2 month store warranty expired.

Thanks for the feedback....hopefully you were just unlucky but I do agree it doesn't seem as solid as the Lavor unit my parents have....will be keeping my receipt in a safe place

I had my receipt, just make sure that everything that's going to go wrong, does so within 2 months

Karcher are the best on the market.

2 people have thanked this post
dodzy Registered User

MetzgerMeister said:
But a 150bar Karcher equivalent will cost quite a bit more than 120€

Bought one also to replace a 3+ yr old Lavor that had taken a beating. I'm hoping that it will perform and last to a comparable level.

dodzy said:
But a 150bar Karcher equivalent will cost quite a bit more than 120€

True but it will last a lot longer in comparison and it's a false economy to buy a cheap one knowing that you'll have to replace it a lot sooner with the Karcher you should have bought originally

My first Karcher lasted me 4 years, second one lasted 2 before a family member bought it from me and they still have it. I bought this Lidl one a few months back, it lasted 2 uses before the pump started acting up and the pin-hole appeared a few weeks ago.

I have since bought another Karcher and still have the Lidl one sitting in the garage in its original box.

fasttalkerchat Registered User

Anyone buying this stick your receipt to the box and keep the box and manual. You will need the receipt for the warranty after 60 days.

1 person has thanked this post
martyc5674 Registered User

I've a karcher I bought over 10 years ago and it gets used regularly for all sorts if jobs!!
I recently put a new pump and seals in it as pressure was dropping off and it was hunting/ not cutting out and eventually leaking.
Anyway espares and buyspares uk deliver parts for karcher within about 2 days so I've a like new washer again.
It's 120 bar and more than enough for car/yard etc etc.
I see new hatchets fir about 120 in woodies... That's what is forms my money in.
Marty.

1 person has thanked this post
Moanin Registered User

My Lidl washer (Same as this one and only 2 months old) developed a pin hole on the sprayer part and I brought it back to lidl.They replaced the whole unit FOC.
I believe the nilfisk washers are good?

Moanin said:
My Lidl washer (Same as this one and only 2 months old) developed a pin hole on the sprayer part and I brought it back to lidl.They replaced the whole unit FOC.
I believe the nilfisk washers are good?

Same happened me except it was outside the 2 months.

MetzgerMeister said:
Same happened me except it was outside the 2 months.

Have you spoken to lidl customer services?
What about the manufacturers?
You should still be covered under a 3 year warranty IIRC.

fasttalkerchat said:
Have you spoken to lidl customer services?
What about the manufacturers?
You should still be covered under a 3 year warranty IIRC.

I spoke to someone in customer service and they asked me to leave a message both times and I still haven't heard back from them.

Once this is all sorted, I will have to sell the replacement on if I can't just get a refund. I doubt I'll get a refund though as it's gone past the 2 month "shop" stage.

MetzgerMeister said:
I spoke to someone in customer service and they asked me to leave a message both times and I still haven't heard back from them.

That's strange. Usually they take then info from your receipt, contact the manufacturer and send you out a letter that you bring to the store to pick up a new one.

The lances on those washers from Parkside have a tendency to split along the seam, even with light use. Amazon UK have nilfisk power washers from £60 with free shipping, a much better option in my opinion.

3 people have thanked this post

MetzgerMeister said:
I had my receipt, just make sure that everything that's going to go wrong, does so within 2 months

Agree Karcher are the best. Have been using the same Karcher unit since 1998!
I guess I got my money's worth .

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!