Dglfellah40 Registered User

How do I get a copy of video to download from either of these sites?
I want to copy the videos to my hard drive to play back off line.

elsie1b Registered User

Dglfellah40 said:
How do I get a copy of video to download from either of these sites?
I want to copy the videos to my hard drive to play back off line.

Programmes like freefox and mp3 rocket can be used for this

gf2009 Registered User

www.keepvid.com allows you to do it. You copy the URL to that site

biko Arbiter

www.google.ie/search?q=download+youtube+videos+free will list many options besides the ones above.

Programs to download video clips from platforms like youtube, vimeo, etc are plenty but most of them are riddled with ad or spyware, they install browser toolbars or worse.

Here's a little tutorial to do it entirely without the installation of such software.

1. download and unzip VideoCacheView

2. open your web browser and play the video you want to download.

3. run VideoCacheView, you will now see all videos that are currently in the browser cache

4. right click the file you want to save, select Copy Seleted Files To... (or highlight and press F7)

5. choose the location where you want to save the video

6. Navigate to the storage location and rename the file accordingly as it will be saved under the same random name from the browser cache.

The video clips will be save in FLV format (FLash Video), if your media player of choice doesn't support this format, install the required codec, a dedicated flash player or just get VLC (portable version here) which will play pretty much any media file under the sun, without additional codecs to be installed on your system.

Of course, if you know the cache location of the web browser you can locate and copy the videos manually but often enough they're locked to prevent you from doing that, VideoCacheView will copy the file regardless.

NirSoft's VideoCacheView is freeware, you can download the installer if you want but it's not really necessary.

Speaking of NirSoft, they offer a truckload of other useful utilities. I recommend to grab the free Windows System Control Center (WSCC for short), a graphical selection menu which will download the entire NirSoft and SysInternals utility suites and keep them up to date, a portable USB version is also available (no installation required).

1 person has thanked this post
yoyo Moderator

The VideodownloadHelper firefox extension is also quite good

Nick

Tomk1 Registered User

Goto Temporary internet folder, press Size for order of large to small files, clip will be one of the biggest. Copy and paste. Might have to clear folder first, keep cookies. No need for special programs that just transfers the vid from temp-folder to hard drive.

Note you prob have to rename clip, also to play clip Media player classic will do the job.

Tomk1 said:
Goto Temporary internet folder

Cache location is different for the various web browsers.

Tomk1 said:
press Size for order of large to small files, clip will be one of the biggest. Copy and paste.

In most cases it is not that easy, as I have explained in my previous post already, these video clips or often locked to prevent the user from copying it.

Tomk1 said:
also to play clip Media player classic will do the job.

Media Player Classic alone will not "do the job", unless it was installed with a codec pack.

Torqay said:

Speaking of NirSoft, they he offers a truckload of other useful utilities. I recommend to grab the free http://Windows%20System%20Control%20Center (WSCC for short), a graphical selection menu which will download the entire NirSoft and SysInternals utility suites and keep them up to date, a portable USB version is also available (no installation required).

Fixed that for ya...

Dudes a genius.

Tomk1 said:
Goto Temporary internet folder, press Size for order of large to small files, clip will be one of the biggest.

Hasn't worked in Firefox at least since 3.6.

It's getting overly hard to capture clips from sites lately.

RUCKING FETARD said:
Dudes a genius.

That he is.

Of course, VideoCacheView is not limited to Youtube, it works for any website with flash content.

RUCKING FETARD said:
Dudes a genius.

That he is.

Of course, VideoCacheView is not limited to Youtube, it works for any website with flash content.

Realplayer has a downloader built in also has a converter so you can convert videos to MP3 and stuff

yoyo Moderator

bdoo said:
Realplayer has a downloader built in also has a converter so you can convert videos to MP3 and stuff

Real player is possibly also one of the worst computer applications you can install, followed closely by itunes . Seriously though download flv/mp4 file and VLC Player is the best way. Also real player screwed up flash playback in web browsers recently

Nick

yoyo said:
Real player is possibly also one of the worst computer applications you can install, followed closely by itunes .

Both qualify as spyware in my books.

1 person has thanked this post

yoyo said:
Real player is possibly also one of the worst computer applications you can install, followed closely by itunes .

Both qualify as spyware in my books.

Yikes!

Well, how would you call software which installs additional software without the users consent, if not malicious?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!