gavmcg92 Registered User

Xenon560 said:
There is no "sore loser" about it, people just don't like the whole, kill players, claim land, raid chests, unclaim. Which I agree.
When people go and make these dull ass, ugly obsidian bases and underwater, they think they are clever and using their intiative when it just dulls the game for everybody.
Imagine if everybody did tht, it would be completely boring and no attacks.

It's easy to accuse people of being sore losers when your in a position where your completely safe and secure.

Did you look at the new updates? Obsidian bases under the sea are no longer 100% safe. Sure Creeps base was the exact same as ours, an obsidian cube under the sea in the middle of no where.

When a player is on from that team, you can destroy that obsidian and gain entry into the base.

You talk about it not being fun attacking an obsidian cube under the water. I can't speak for the other lads, but I had great fun trying to figure out how to stop the water source blocks above the roof so that I could break the obsidian without drowning.

The problem with a factions server is that everyone has an opinion and no matter how many changes are made to the rules, you never going to please everyone. I know that AWE and MnC were no happy with the new changes but we adapted to them and used them against Creeps.

Kenno90 Registered User

In other news Jeb is developing an invisibility potion it'll completely hide you and your name in SMP servers.

Armour (and most likely tools) stay visible so if you want to go sneaking around you have to go with no protection.

Would be very cool for factions , here's hoping its in 1.3.3

1 person has thanked this post
cidmon Registered User

i think one of the problems is theres not enough active players on the server to combat an awe/mnc raid. tryin to defend our base when it was me and niall against nim and gav was fun but what chance was there when the 2 of us were up against 5-6 of them.

2 people have thanked this post
Kenno90 Registered User

cidmon said:
i think one of the problems is theres not enough active players on the server to combat an awe/mnc raid. tryin to defend our base when it was me and niall against nim and gav was fun but what chance was there when the 2 of us were up against 5-6 of them.

Thats because its two large factions working together, you could just as easily ally with another faction and do the same to them.

I'm not taking sides but you honestly can't tell them to back off because there is 5 of them and only 2 of you, sure when our base was raided, it was a them against podge on his own.

cidmon Registered User

Kenno90 said:
Thats because its two large factions working together, you could just as easily ally with another faction and do the same to them.

I'm not taking sides but you honestly can't tell them to back off because there is 5 of them and only 2 of you, sure when our base was raided, it was a them against podge on his own.

im not sayin they should back off just pointin out server needs more active players most ive seen online at once since the raids on DT is 10-11

Xenon560 Registered User

gavmcg92 said:
Did you look at the new updates? Obsidian bases under the sea are no longer 100% safe. Sure Creeps base was the exact same as ours, an obsidian cube under the sea in the middle of no where.

When a player is on from that team, you can destroy that obsidian and gain entry into the base.

You talk about it not being fun attacking an obsidian cube under the water. I can't speak for the other lads, but I had great fun trying to figure out how to stop the water source blocks above the roof so that I could break the obsidian without drowning.

The problem with a factions server is that everyone has an opinion and no matter how many changes are made to the rules, you never going to please everyone. I know that AWE and MnC were no happy with the new changes but we adapted to them and used them against Creeps.

That is true, you can't keep everyone happy. That's why my game changes are just my opinions being thrown out there, nothing more.

gavmcg92 Registered User

Xenon560 said:
That is true, you can't keep everyone happy. That's why my game changes are just my opinions being thrown out there, nothing more.

Exactly. This is how we can develop the server and adapt the current rules to try and make it as balanced as possible. Whining about past or present raids doesn't really add anything to the game. Making suggestions and debating them provides from a constructive environment.

gavmcg92 Registered User

AWE have split!

Roorah Registered User

So I've been away for the last week and just after catching up on the latest news. I saw in one of nim's screenshots that he had waypoints on his screen. Is this an extra plug in? Also people mentioned automap?

cidmon Registered User

Roorah said:
So I've been away for the last week and just after catching up on the latest news. I saw in one of nim's screenshots that he had waypoints on his screen. Is this an extra plug in? Also people mentioned automap?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482147-132125-aug17-reis-minimap-v32-05/

1 person has thanked this post
gavmcg92 Registered User
gaynormark0 Registered User

gavmcg92 said:
AWE have split!

I may be the culprit for that, hopefully with another faction to fix their sites on you, awe and everyone else things may come out differently ;P.
Not saying we're going to attack anyone for sure, but everyone may just wanna watch their backs its Armageddon time :

Dale Parish Registered User

gaynormark0 said:
I may be the culprit for that, hopefully with another faction to fix their sites on you, awe and everyone else things may come out differently ;P.
Not saying we're going to attack anyone for sure, but everyone may just wanna watch their backs its Armageddon time :

They uh.. have weapons of uh... mass destruction.
I think a pre-emptive strike is in order to protect the free world.

gaynormark0 Registered User

Dale Parish said:
They uh.. have weapons of us... mass destruction.
I think a pre-emptive strike is in order to protect the free world.

Heh I wish you the best of luck in your raid. I'm sure there will be posts here after regardless of the outcome

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!