http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184539/The-girl-boys-I-idea-boyfriend-girl.html

I think it was an odd thing to do, to pretend to be a guy and obviously quite upsetting for the girls who believed they had boyfriends. Gemma Barker obviously has some psychological problems, however, I find her sentence to be a bit harsh. Actually, I find it a bit odd that she was sentenced at all. I don't think that it is a crime to pretend to be a man? I wonder where this leaves transsexuals who haven't fully had a sex change and are living their lives as a man or a woman and who may not tell potential partners. So, what do the people of AH think?

1 person has thanked this post
Sonics2k Registered User

What was the actual crime?

Medusa22
I find her sentence to be a bit harsh. Actually, I find it a bit odd that she was sentenced at all.

The crime is only mentioned in the caption of the photo:
Barker admitted two counts of sexual assault and fraud at Guildford Crown Court

Laika1986 Registered User

I'm hugely confused ted

31 people have thanked this post
Hande hoche! Registered User

She seems like a crafty one.

Medusa22 said:
I don't think that it is a crime to pretend to be a man? I wonder where this leaves transsexuals who haven't fully had a sex change and are living their lives as a man or a woman and who may not tell potential partners. So, what do the people of AH think?

One of the girls was a minor and there is the issue of consent. I believe it can be considered conditional in law.

There was a male to female transgender on here before saying they wouldn't tell the man until sex IIRC

Is it sexual assault because one girl was 15 or because Barker pretended to be a man? I think it was consensual but maybe the issue of consent is a bit ambiguous because she didn't know who she was really consenting with.

Tombi! Moderator

Probably touching their boobs or something. There was a case of it a few years ago with a woman pretending to be a teen boy and did the same and was charged with it.

Barker admitted two counts of sexual assault and fraud at Guildford Crown Court

She didnt just pretend to be a man. She deceived someone into thinking she was a man and then performed certain sexual actions on her without her consent as far as I can make out.

Mr.Crinklewood Registered User

Laika1986 said:
I'm hugely confused ted

Your confused and are asking a talking teddybear for help.

You're ****ed.

Hande hoche! Registered User

Also disappointing lack of photos of her in drag.

6 people have thanked this post

At least shes out of the closet now

The comments are gas.

I think she overdosed on blue smarties

A Primal Nut Registered User

Gummy Panda said:
One of the girls was a minor and there is the issue of consent. I believe it can be considered conditional in law.

There was a male to female transgender on here before saying they wouldn't tell the man until sex IIRC

It's disgraceful and deception of the highest order; basically duping someone into have sex with them. It's right that it's a criminal offence. I would imagine most men would be too embarrassed to come forward if it happened them, though.

4 people have thanked this post

BBC Story
Impersonating a male is almost completely irrelevant here, a 20yo using a fake identity pretended to be 16 and had sexual encounters with children.

27 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!