KickstartHeart Registered User

http://www.easons.com/display.asp?K=9781905379309&nat=false&sort=eh_sort_bs%2Fd&stem=false&sf2=facet&sf1=kword_index%2C+ref_no%2C+barcode&st1=declan+power&m=2&dc=5

I've been itching to read this book. It was due to be published in April of this year but no sign of it anywhere. I checked Amazon and Easons and a few other places and it doesn't seam to be even published yet.

Anyone here know what the story is with it no?

According to the publisher it will be published in October. No explanation.

Looks interesting. I will be obtaining a copy.

ruserious Registered User

Dear Santa...

1 person has thanked this post
Cft Registered User

For those interested. I've heard the book will be published later this year or early 2013.

Apparently the author has been writing it in addition to doing consultancy work which takes him overseas for extended periods. It promises to be a good read for those interested in the realities of life on active service with our military.

jamesdiver Registered User

Looks interesting. Any guesses what will be in it? Jadotville?, private Paddy Kelly? Bomb squad etc etc

jamesdiver said:
Looks interesting. Any guesses what will be in it? Jadotville?, private Paddy Kelly? Bomb squad etc etc

He has already written a book about Jadotville. Interesting material but very badly written. It was full of acronyms and abbreviations with the time sequence jumped all over the place. Using abbreviations like Sgt. or Cpl. outside of the context of short internal communications is unnecessary and reduces readability.

Most likely a lot of it is bollocks it wont have anything about the Battle of Op'Ras and the DSM's handed out to the wrong people who pissed themselves when the rounds were coming in.

Watered down tripe.

jamesdiver Registered User

Battle of Op'Ras

Have you got any link or text where I can read up on this? Not familiar with it (sorry im not military, just interested).

thanks,

James

it wont be in any books but look up DSM's awarded around that time.(1979/1980)

http://source.southdublinlibraries.ie/bitstream/10599/8881/3/Citations.pdf

As per usual officers lying and cover up's, the person who should have got it was ignored and intimidated by the corrupt officers at the time.

John_D80 Registered User

Salvation said:
it wont be in any books but look up DSM's awarded around that time.(1979/1980)

http://source.southdublinlibraries.ie/bitstream/10599/8881/3/Citations.pdf

As per usual Officiers lying and cover up's, the person who should have got it was ignored and intimidated by the corrupt officiers at the time.

You've tickled my curiosity Salvation. Can you repost that link or post the document itself as an attachment? (If thats possible). When I click on the link it says 'PDF document failed to load'. My adobe is fully up to date before anyone asks!! :-)

There ye go

Attachments
Citations.pdf
1 person has thanked this post
John_D80 Registered User

Thanks for that mate. Works perfectly now. Fair play.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!