Medic475 Registered User
#16

Applied for this job! Got a call today asking me to go to Dub for a chat about it with the agency! 8 jobs going. On the panel for HSE ICS as well, was offered a job off the panel and now recruitment has frozen. Hard to know what to do! Go for this and knowing my luck recruitment will start again with ICS after me being offered the job but won't be able to take it if I get offered a job as EMC signing contract!!! The pain of it all!

#17

A friend of a friend has been told the people filling these positions will be paid by an agency as opposed to being paid from the HSE payroll system - why would the HSE do it this way ?

#18

Delancey said:
A friend of a friend has been told the people filling these positions will be paid by an agency as opposed to being paid from the HSE payroll system - why would the HSE do it this way ?


Probably for the same reason they use agency nurses as well, because they can pay them less, and their employee rights are the problem of the agency rather than the HSE. Could be to do with the embargo as well.

donkey balls Registered User
#19

mmcn90 said:
Probably for the same reason they use agency nurses as well, because they can pay them less, and their employee rights are the problem of the agency rather than the HSE. Could be to do with the embargo as well.


Since may 19th 2012 the EU agency working directive has come in to force which means that a person doing the same job as a full time employee must receive the same pay/ot etc as the full time employee.

okiss Registered User
#20

I have just read the previous posts here. Does any one know where in Tullamore or Co Offaly are the jobs based?
Does anyone know what type of hours or shifts you would be working per week?
Thanks for your help.

#21

To my knowledge ( and I will stand corrected if I'm wrong ) the Control Room in Offaly is in the grounds of Tullamore Hospital , I presume it operates 24x7 and I think it is covered by staff on a 12 hours shift - anyone able to confirm ?

Crann na Beatha Neart agus OnĂ³ir
#22

Whats the pay like for this job in general lads?

#23

donkey balls said:
Since may 19th 2012 the EU agency working directive has come in to force which means that a person doing the same job as a full time employee must receive the same pay/ot etc as the full time employee.


Getting a little OT, but does that not only apply if they are working for the same company. HSE and agencies would be different companies.

donkey balls Registered User
#24

No it applies to the HSE and any other public/private& semi state companies,I happen to know someone who works in the HSE through agency and now gets paid the rate the full time members get.
There is a way around it which certain employers have taken advantage of by hiring some agency staff and given them full time contracts,But the new hires will still get paid the same rate as the agency staff which means the company can evade having to pay any other agency worker the old full time rate.

1 person has thanked this post
5500 Registered User
#25

Aquila said:
Whats the pay like for this job in general lads?


For the above job mentioned in this thread it's starting at 20868 according to the agency.

Medic475 Registered User
#26

okiss said:
I have just read the previous posts here. Does any one know where in Tullamore or Co Offaly are the jobs based?
Does anyone know what type of hours or shifts you would be working per week?
Thanks for your help.


12 hour shifts, so many days on and so many days off etc. Weekends bank holidays, nights, days etc.

Medic475 Registered User
#27

Anyone hear anything yet?

okiss Registered User
#28

I have sent my cv off today for this job. I will let you know how it goes.

Medic475 Registered User
#29

okiss said:
I have sent my cv off today for this job. I will let you know how it goes.


Cool! Best of luck!

#30

My information is that these positions are now filled.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!