paddy147 Banned

Tesco Artane Castle and Clarehall have "The Big TV Sale" on at the moment.

Lots of different makes of LED and LCD Saorview approved TVs on sale at the moment.

Full HD Toshiba,Sony and LG TVs reduced by 50-60+ euro.

Size wise...from 19 inch up to 42 inch.

Might be of some use to anyone on the lookout for a Saorview TV.

Regards.

1 person has thanked this post
tatranska Registered User

Saw a Samsung 32" for 299 in clearwater

cs5 Registered User

Samsung are **** TV's. Fact. I have a 32" Samsung and the sound quality is piss poor.

byte Registered User

Piss poor sound is not exclusive to Samsung branded LCD screens. It's a problem with most if not all. The space isn't there for decent speakers, unlike CRT TV's that had lots of room to accomodate better speakers and bass reflex setups.

17 people have thanked this post
Stheno Contrary voice

Currys have a Samsung 32 inch for that price so not a bargain in my opinon.

I'm looking for a new 32" tv for my bedroom and of the lot (as I'm looking for a tv that is not fancy) Currys did well with their tv

Dummy Registered User

I bought this Samsung TV from Amazon and am well pleased with my purchase.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE40ES6300-Freeview-glasses-included/dp/B007JURG7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342219187&sr=1-1

I did a comparison with high street stores and the Amazon deal was the best.

Sound quality is excellent. But the bonus is, that this TV has a Freesat tuner built in.

I would buy a TV from Amazon again.

Rgds.

stimpson Registered User

cs5 said:
Samsung are **** TV's. Fact. I have a 32" Samsung and the sound quality is piss poor.

Nonsense. Sound quality may not be great on a flat panel, but picture quality on Samsung LCDs is usually superb. They are the largest LCD panel manufacturer in the world. I have a 5 year old LCD and the contrast wipes the floor with my Father in Laws new Sony. I use a seperate amp and speakers for sound.

13 people have thanked this post
ShaneU Registered User

Toshiba 42hl33b is €449, same tv is €599 in harvey Norman

just back from tesco arklow. they have a 51 inch 3d samsung for €749, is that good?

skinny90 Registered User

admiralofthefleet said:
just back from tesco arklow. they have a 51 inch 3d samsung for €749, is that good?

Model handy?

dodzy Registered User

cs5 said:
You should be a mod on Avforums.com.

Your reviewing talents are wasted here. Fact.

21 people have thanked this post
TerrorFirmer Registered User

admiralofthefleet said:

Not sure what model but PC World/Currys have a 51" Active 3D Plasma 1080p Samsung set for 699 with one pair of active glasses down from 999 or so - at least it was 999 about a month ago when I almost bought it but eventually got a different model. Would be worth a look maybe.

kn Registered User

cs5 said:

I have a Samsung for a couple of years now and it is prefectly good. Sound and picture are excellent. It also came Saorview ready even that far out. I have only an aerial and it picks up the Saorview perfectly.

1 person has thanked this post
cs5 Registered User

I have a Philips 37" TV and a 32" Samsung TV. There is absolutely no comparison. The Philips totally wipes the floor with the Samsung in every way. I would NEVER buy a Samsung TV again. Ever!

cs5 said:
I have a Philips 37" TV and a 32" Samsung TV. There is absolutely no comparison. The Philips totally wipes the floor with the Samsung in every way. I would NEVER buy a Samsung TV again. Ever!

models , ages , original price ?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!