28064212 Registered User

Boards.ie: Danny said:
whoopsadaisydoodles received a name change yesterday to "whoopsadaisy doodles". She hated it, so I rolled that back this morning. The actual fix for wrapping long usernames hasn't been deployed yet, it'll be taken care of this afternoon.

Danny

That's cheating!

1 person has thanked this post

Just a quick update, we've deployed a couple of fixes this morning:

- Menu alignment and timing issues fixed, global nav should now be a lot smoother during page load
- Rec menu should now align center so it will work better on small screen devices
- Clicking the notification badge now links you to your notifications

7 people have thanked this post
Orim Registered User

Giving it another shot.

A small thing is the reply options in each post. Does the quote button need to say quote? I can the design for the larger buttons but the word quote really just stretches it out.

EDIT : Just noticed the edit button has it as well.

P.S.
Type: Bug
Issue: I'm not getting notifications. Two threads unread in my subbed list that I only noticed when I went to delete a sub. I'll leave them unread in case it helps.
Browser & OS: IE9 Windows 7

Masked Man Registered User

Firefox 13, ubuntu 12.04

And the blue at the top is horrible imo.

Masked

Firefox 13, ubuntu 12.04

And the blue at the top is horrible imo.

The alt text on follow is a tokenised string - nothing new on this for the new skin.

Danny

antoobrien Registered User

Search functionality

Search by user filter doesn't work. Entered in my username into the advanced search with the keyword deficit, got > 12k results (no. posts at the time was 2,249).

Any chance of putting back the advanced search link - not having it there makes it seems as if it advanced search has been removed.

Cheers

Edit: Chrome & winXP

Orim Registered User

Type: Bug / Missing Feature
Issue: The categories at the top no longer link to their page. Not sure if this bug or wasn't put in. An example is Games. If I click games in an old skin I get : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Browser & OS: IE9 & Win 7

John Mason Hosted Moderator

irishbird said:
i have a problem with the drop down menu from Rec.

The left side of the of the menu is not showing. I am using a netbook, there isnt a problem on the laptop.

just thought i would let you know

w00t - it is working now.

thank you

wnolan1992 Moderator

whoopsadaisydoodles received a name change yesterday to "whoopsadaisy doodles". She hated it, so I rolled that back this morning. The actual fix for wrapping long usernames hasn't been deployed yet, it'll be taken care of this afternoon.

Danny

She got tired of being used as an example of breaking the layout and decided to fix it for ye?

wnolan1992 said:
She got tired of being used as an example of breaking the layout and decided to fix it for ye?

I showed her what was coming down the line, she didn't like it and tried to one-up me. It didn't work out

Danny

2 people have thanked this post

irishbird said:
w00t - it is working now.

thank you

Boards.ie: Paddy said:
Just a quick update, we've deployed a couple of fixes this morning:

- Rec menu should now align center so it will work better on small screen devices

wnolan1992 Moderator

Just noticed that over on the http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showgroups.php page, the SendPM button is still the same style as the old skins. Is there plans to update them to be similar to the new button style?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=213057&stc=1&d=1342191774

Attachments
boardsgroups.JPG

wnolan1992 said:
Just noticed that over on the http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showgroups.php page, the SendPM button is still the same style as the old skins. Is there plans to update them to be similar to the new button style?

No, there are no plans to update any more icons at this time. That page isn't even accessible anywhere on the new skin so you have to know the URL

Danny

Boards.ie: Tony said:

• Long usernames break the layout - This will be fixed in the next update
  • The preview/save buttons on the Edit post page are on different lines - This will be fixed in the next update

Small deployment there, those two issues should no longer be present

Edit: Cozy mode swapped for Cosy, to please you spelling bees

2 people have thanked this post

Danny

I'd say she hates the new implementation even more!

In fairness to the long username people (and poor whoopsadaisydoodles appears to have become the 'test case' here ), might it be possible to perhaps display their username in a smaller font, or maybe expand the width of the left column and reduce the width of the right column by the same amount for their posts?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!