The price did not have anything to do with this incident, but it will still be blamed as one of the major factors and thus give Shorthall and Co more excuses to bring in minimum pricing etc
You're absolutely right. The drink itself will be blamed, not those who abused it or those who supplied it to them.
We've a culture here in Ireland of pointing the finger at everything else but ourselves. There is a MASSIVE alcohol problem here and instead of addressing the reasons for it, they just blame the drug itself and hope it'll go away.
The funny thing is that if Saturday (or any other event) were MDMA/Cannabis only, it would go off without a hitch and there would be absolutely no trouble. People in the future are going to look back in amazement over how we reject/accept drugs and their use these days purely down to when that drug was found and made popular.
Have to disagree saw Swedish House Mafia in Ibiza at a very high quality hotel and there was no trouble at all...People turn up to these things with alternative motives...they probably dont even like house music
Yeah usually, but not always. I have been involved in the study of the effect of MDMA on rats, its not particularly dangerous but the levels in pills can be quite high occassionally, that is fact and it is not good for your cardiac muscle. If it was regulated with some info on how to take it would be much safer. There are further long term issues from chronic abuse also but that is far less well understood.
I just picked on that point (of 1 pill is perfecty safe) as the argument of Es are good and booze is bad is silly.
Dicks are dicks on pills or booze. Anyone who says otherwise is not basing their point on fact. Most people who go out and drink have a good night and enjoy themselves, liekwise with people who like tablets, and a small minority want to, and enjoy being scumbags and what they have taken will make little difference.
Very sad news this...
But I've been thinking. Do we have a new brand of 'yoof' on our hands here?
One new entry just added to the list.
- The Swedish House Mafia Skanger. Also known as the 'party scanger'. They come out of the woodwork at these events, usually after planning for it months in advance. Nobody would think they are skangers in their everyday lives, but at these 'raves', they are liable for rampant debauchery and bouts of violence towards innocent music lovers, coupled with poly-drug use, and going shirtless for the whole night, rain or snow. A new breed of skanger.
- A Heavy. A skanger who has criminal connections all over Dublin. Smells like the duty free section at Dublin Airport. Whole house is built with solid compressed bricks of coke. Prone to paranoia. Has a collection of 100 SIM cards to 'spread the risk' of getting caught dealing. Avoids Bubba by getting low level henchmen to deal for him. Favorite phrase is "that's definitely unmarked".
- A thug. Watches fights on Youtube in his spare time. Talks endless about fighting to his mates. "Boxed the chops off him / Break your face" are their favorite phrases. Not afraid to gawk out the window of a Dublin Bus, eyeballing anyone who looks at them sideways. Keeps all his replica swords upstairs because keeping them downstairs would be just stupid.
- A drug fiend. Can be seen walking very fast through Dublin City Center in Hawaiian Shorts. Wears lots of prayer beads / bright wrist bands. Still have their hospital wristband from that time they mixed Valium with E. *Always* has papers / skins. Hides wraps of speed under the tops of bins using Chewing Gum etc
- Cartoon skanger. A skanger who actively goes out of his way to live up to all the stereotypes. Does everything the right way. An all rounder type of skanger. When people say they're "mad" - They don't mean mentally unstable. These skangers are "Model skangers". Other fellow skangers can never match their outrageous behavior / appearance.
- Rough Accent. Generally anyone with a *very* common accent is considered a skanger. Can wear a black-tie suit every-day for the year, and still be considered a skanger. Speaks in a 'clipped' manner. Uses robbed phrases. Can get a point across, but not very articulate.
- Oldskooler. An older skanger. Knows all the rebel songs (IRA Songs) off by heart. Was there when they built The Liberties. Probably built The Liberties himself with his own hands. Has a four-leaf clover tattooed onto his neck. "My mother used to sell fruit" is his favorite phrase. Rampant Xenophobe. Still owns a Nokia 3200.
- Casual Clothes skanger. Also known as the Daddy's Money skanger. Buys all his clothes in Unique. Just educated enough to come across as civil, but underneath this, he is a raging scumbag. Probably the worst type of skanger. Pulls a nice bird for a week or so, then gets dumped because his scumbag ways were found out. Gets a job for a month or so, gets found out too.
I think you're wrong here.
Ya, I'm aware of that. That's not what the other user said. If they were trying to put some humour into their post then I didn't see it.
It's neither here nor there though. If it's not this that's taken to account it will be something else. Their post just seemed bad minded tbh. I'll assume I took them up wrong.
Troll of the day here - yet his posts remain, surely it doesn't need reporting to the mods when it's very clear what people like this blatant wind up merchant are up to.
Maybe you should post it again, someone might find it funny then.
One pill can, and has, killed. Even a single ecstasy pill has killed due to heatstroke, water poisoning or heart failure. One bottle of wine has certainly killed people too, so it's not like (currently) illegal drugs have some sort of monopoly on fatalities.
In my opinion this is wrong solution.
It would be much better if we would have places in Ireland like in other easter european countries. a building where very drunk people are kept overnight. they get cold shower, nurse and doctor assistance, metal bed with some cover, water and bill in the morning. In Poland a night in such place cost about 100 euro which is a lot of money.
Then underage drinking. if teen under 18 is cought drunk, parents should pay 1000 euro.
For sure parents would put more attention to the kids if they face 1k bill to pay...
edit. by very drunk I mean somebody pissing.on the street, puking on the street, or laying on the street.