squishykins Registered User

I'm just wondering how do delivery drivers get paid here in the city centre? Google reveals nothing, so is it a base wage or a certain amount per delivery or what? And how much would an average driver make per night?

Thanks in advance

Charles1412 Registered User

I did it a few years ago for a pizza store and there was no basic pay it was something like €2 per delivery and then tips

1 person has thanked this post
squishykins Registered User

Charles1412 said:
I did it a few years ago for a pizza store and there was no basic pay it was something like €2 per delivery and then tips

So was it worth it financially for you? I'm assuming the place was busy!

Charles1412 Registered User

I think it was around €50 on a quite night and up to €100 on a Friday or Saturday for 6 hours approx

CyberJuice Registered User

if im not mistaken i think majority of them do cash in hand,the small chippers/chinese places..i know they did it this way at least 8 years ago, the big chains will tax you

they dont pay for your petrol and you get a small amount per delivery u make and u keep tips,its worthwhile on weekends but can be slow during the week,alot of the chinese places will have chinese drivers so not much chance to get a job there,your best bet is chippers

ben36 Registered User

Every place differs.Where i work we get €35 for 7 hours plus €2 a delivery,average 30 a night and then whatever tips.Usually come home with €120-€170 on any given night.

A lad i know works for a well known pizza place in Finglas and they don't pay an hourly rate but pay €3.70 per delivery.

arleitiss Registered User

guys would you say it's easy to find this type of job? or will pretty much any take away accept me once I walk in as long as I have full b category + car + insurance?

January Category Moderator

One thing you have to remember when you're doing this type of job is the possibility of having to change your insurance to a different category. Social, Domestic and Pleasure will not cover you if you have a crash and you've been doing deliveries for somewhere. They can charge you extra for changing category.

1 person has thanked this post
kceire Registered User

I worked for a local Curry Shop in Finglas. Friday night 5pm to 12am, got €70 plus tips plus meal at end of night.

Also worked in Dominos Finglas, got €5 per hour, plus 1.50 per delivery plus tips plus meal at end of night.

Nodster Registered User

I know my motorbike insurance has a 'No fast food delivery' clause

Vitamin T Registered User

I worked for Domino's and we just got €3.70 per delivery and then tips (which had gotten awful towards the end of my stint there!). I ended up leaving to find another job because I found it wasn't worth my while financially. They kept putting too many drivers on which meant you were only doing maybe 2 deliveries per hour so getting approx. 7-9 euro per hour and then still having to pay for your petrol at the end of the night!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!