swoody Registered User
#16

promoted teams defence for 12/13 season (unless i've missed a signing)

Reading:

Federici
Cummings Gorkss Pearce Harte


Southampton:

Davis
Fox Hooiveld Fonte Richardson


West Ham:

Jaaskelaine
O'Brien Tomkins Reid McCartney


all will surely be 4.0.....

5 people have thanked this post
Mr. Guappa Registered User
#17

swoody said:
promoted teams defence for 12/13 season (unless i've missed a signing)

Reading:

Federici
Cummings Gorkss Pearce Harte


Southampton:

Davis
Fox Hooiveld Fonte Richardson


West Ham:

Jaaskelaine
O'Brien Tomkins Reid McCartney


all will surely be 4.0.....


All three had similar goals conceded totals last season:
Reading 41
Southampton 46
West Ham 48

Clean Sheet totals:
Reading 20
Southampton 18
West Ham 17

Handy link here with various stats: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/_/league/eng.2/year/2011/english-league-championship?cc=5739

1 person has thanked this post
grohlisagod Registered User
#18

Southampton's full-backs really get forward and got around 20 assists between them last season. Could be worth a look. Danny Butterfield could take Richardson's place, he finished last year as first choice I think.

swoody Registered User
#19

grohlisagod said:
Southampton's full-backs really get forward and got around 20 assists between them last season. Could be worth a look. Danny Butterfield could take Richardson's place, he finished last year as first choice I think.
was thinking the same but i put Richards in cause he played more minutes.

i think aston villa players are worth a shout this year, if lambert gets them playing like norwich then n'zogbia is a real prospect. he should be 6.5 this year so worth a look

al habsi for wigan for all his extra save bonuses and penalty saves he could be an ideal reserve keeper again.....if hes cheap!

pogrebnyak was lethal for fulham when he played so if reading can get the ball to him in front on goal then he'll bang in quit a few. i reckon 5/6 will be his price!

DazzlerIE Registered User
#20

Could be a lot of value in Villa and Sunderland.

They're going to be my go-to teams for filling out troublesome spots

Another week 2 wild card with the main site causing trouble would be a god-send!

1 person has thanked this post
Formation Registered User
#21

DazzlerIE said:
Could be a lot of value in Villa and Sunderland.

They're going to be my go-to teams for filling out troublesome spots

Another week 2 wild card with the main site causing trouble would be a god-send!
cant think of a single villa player i would be happy to have as my 3rd sub.

1 sunderland defender if they have a nice home patch of games would be a consideration and mclean depending on a lot of other factors but i wouldnt give up a spot in my front 3 to either team no matter how cheap they are.

Formation Registered User
#22

The extra wild card favours the worst players but keeps mini league interesting for longer i suppose.

manual_man Registered User
#23

Looks like Fabio Borini could be on his way to Liverpool. Worked with Rogers at Swansea and Chelsea so that could be a good sign. Sure to be fairly cheap, i reckon. if he manages to hold down a starting spot could prove to be a good ff buy

beglee Registered User
#24

I've heard a good few people talking about Harte as a great bargain.
However Reading just re-signed Nicky Shorey so there will be uncertainty over who starts.

Whoever does start though could be a great bargain, as they are both set piece merchants

swoody Registered User
#25

it was already posted in the pre season thread earlier today, but since its on prices and finding bargains, i'm reposting it here........

@premierleague
Quote:

Here are today's three player values: Eden Hazard (CHE) £9.5m, Pavel Pogrebnyak (RDG) £5m and Park Ji-Sung (QPR) £6m. #fpl
tomorrow they will release the price of Sigurdsson, Kagawa and a couple more.......

#26

Kagawa £8.5 million . Sigurdsson £9 million . Papiss Cisse £ 9.5million

1 person has thanked this post
OneColdHand Registered User
#27

Coletrickle88 said:
Kagawa £8.5 million . Sigurdsson £9 million . Papiss Cisse £ 9.5million


Hmmm, can't see myself getting any of those at those prices. Certainly not at the start of the season.

swoody Registered User
#28

Coletrickle88 said:
Kagawa £8.5 million . Sigurdsson £9 million . Papiss Cisse £ 9.5million


OneColdHand said:
Hmmm, can't see myself getting any of those at those prices. Certainly not at the start of the season.
Bargain! if hes becomes a starter....i will be watching man utd preseason now with interest.

Sigurdssons price is like Adams last season 9 is way to much for someone who wont play.

Cisse at 9.5 is understandable but 7/8 would of been a more realistic price couse newcastle arnt gunna be like last season.....

grohlisagod Registered User
#29

swoody said:
Bargain! if hes becomes a starter....i will be watching man utd preseason now with interest.

Sigurdssons price is like Adams last season 9 is way to much for someone who wont play.

Cisse at 9.5 is understandable but 7/8 would of been a more realistic price couse newcastle arnt gunna be like last season.....


Agree on Kagawa. Sigurdsson is nailed on if VDV and Modric leave as expected. I think it's a fair price.

Cisse was 7.0 last season. He was always going to be much higher than that.

swoody Registered User
#30

@premierleague

Friday's player values will include strikers Carlos Tevez (MCI) and Olivier Giroud (ARS). ‪#fpl

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!