leeroybrown said:
In the absence of an exact copy of the letter (minus any personal details) what's the point of this thread. A few posters have made good suggestions as to how the club should proceed but otherwise there's no basis for any of it other than incomplete information and a slightly misleading opening post.

Care to explain how/why you have come to that conclusion? If you don't like it then don't contribute to or read the thread.

Hungrycol Registered User

I might go out again for a spin on Wed if it's not raining* and do a few laps of the planned Ardcath circuit (if I can remember the turns!). I did Grallagh last Wednesday on me tobler but met Adam on the second lap and we hammered it around for one lap together then headed home.

I'll probably decide on Wed see what the weather is like if I'm going to head out or not if anyone wants to join in. Pace I would like to hit is about a SCC league Group 3ish (or slow Group 4).

*I am made of sugar

1 person has thanked this post
dooverylittle Registered User

Great Idea lets restart the league without marshals!

dooverylittle said:

No No No. This is not what I mean. I'm just going for a spin to stretch the legs, no racing whatsoever. A bit like those Tuesday spins at the beginning of the league a few months ago without it being arranged by SCC.

dooverylittle said:

No No No. This is not what I mean. I'm just going for a spin to stretch the legs, no racing whatsoever. A bit like those Tuesday spins at the beginning of the league a few months ago without it being arranged by SCC.

Disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer!

Kav0777 Registered User

Hungrycol said:

Gotcha... not a race ... what'll the head start be for those who want to do this "spin" at a group 2 pace..

2 people have thanked this post
English Bob Registered User

Any idea what's going on with this? Im sure Im not the only one who has to make special arrangements to get out to race on Weds eve. If this is to be the death of the Swordscc league then I will begin to find something else to do. Anyone know anymore as the club website has no further information since suspension was imposed.

RobFowl Moderator

English Bob said:
Any idea what's going on with this? Im sure Im not the only one who has to make special arrangements to get out to race on Weds eve. If this is to be the death of the Swordscc league then I will begin to find something else to do. Anyone know anymore as the club website has no further information since suspension was imposed.

Work is going on in the background and will hopefully come to a resolution very soon. The club has specifically asked that details are not discussed openly on boards/twitter/facebook or similar as this may make things worse.

English Bob said:

You shuda come out on our swim last night. Very enjoyable*.

*this is not true

English Bob said:

You shuda come out on our swim last night. Very enjoyable*.

*this is not true

+1. My gear is still dripping!

manwithaplan Registered User

I was feeling very smug about my decision not to accompany you but now I am standing in my cleats looking out at the wind and rain.

manwithaplan said:
I was feeling very smug about my decision not to accompany you but now I am standing in my cleats looking out at the wind and rain.

Watch the tour highlights instead. It's on an hour earlier today at 8!

dooverylittle Registered User

Please tell me one mans quest to ruin my summer is over?

Beasty Administrator

dooverylittle said:

The clubs is still working on it but it appears holidays and the like have delayed things a little

dooverylittle said:

The weather Gods and Met Eireann have done a sterling job with that already, no?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!