ShadowHearth Registered User

So how much Petrol in your local station? The one I always go ( Mallow on limerick - cork road ) is 1.57 for petrol. Still a bit highish..

Victor Registered User

Mister Jingles said:
I don't know much about fuel and oil ect (so don't make fun ) but it was announced by the Commission for Energy Regulations that gas prices are to go up in Autumn. Will this affect the petrol stations in anyway ?

Natural gas prices are somewhat, but not completely independent of oil prices as there is a difference in their uses. The global demand for energy has driven up the demand for all forms of energy - electricity, gas, coal, even peat.

The CER announcement relates to how gas prices are set - the gas retailers (Bord Gáis, Electric Ireland, Calor, etc.) submit their pricings based on what they expect to pay for gas over the next year, adding for waste, transmission, distribution, other costs, capital expenditure, profit, etc. and a figure is agreed. If I'm correct, price setting by CER is generally on the way out.

ShadowHearth said:
So how much Petrol in your local station? The one I always go ( Mallow on limerick - cork road ) is 1.57 for petrol. Still a bit highish..

Last I looked it was 1.60 on the Navan Road and 1.56 down at the Broadstone

kingshankly Registered User

1:40 for diesel in Dundalk in one garage plus there's another couple at 1:42

RoverJames Banned

ShadowHearth said:

€155.9 in GreatGas Turner's Cross, I'm sure 'twas €154.9 in Pentagon Service Station earlier in the week though.

af_thefragile Registered User

Well the Top petrol pump by the quays is down to 1.55 now.

Everywhere else it seems like the prices have gone down by atleast 5c/l...

af_thefragile said:
Well the Top petrol pump by the quays is down to 1.55 now.

Everywhere else it seems like the prices have gone down by atleast 5c/l...

The quickest fall in price im almost sure I've seen so far is Tesco in Finglas, 1.66 - 1.59 in the space of a few days. Still wouldn't go near them though.

Well the time has come, prices are rising again

Gone up 3c at my local.

TestTransmission Registered User

Mister Jingles said:
Well the time has come, prices are rising again

Gone up 3c at my local.

Noticed this in the past few days, didn't last too long

listermint Registered User

Barrel price fell rapidly in june down in low eightys now climbing since start of july back up to late 90's.

We didnt see anywhere near the savings in june that should have been the suppliers sucked in the fall for clear profit.

Berty Registered User

We were supposed to see a drop of 10-12 cent per litre. We got about 2-3 cent and yesterday fuel went back up 4 cent.

Joke

bpb101 Registered User

Sorry
www.rte.ie/news/2012/0818/motorists-warned-of-fuel-price-rise.html

Also to answer previsios complain
Afaik Ireland buys the country's fuel 3 months ago

Eg, the fuel we bought today was bought 3 months ago

I think the question at this stage is will the government add more tax in the next budget ?

hellboy99 Registered User

Mister Jingles said:
I think the question at this stage is will the government add more tax in the next budget ?

Yes

Stinicker Banned

hellboy99 said:
Yes

Well considering they have killed the goose that laid the golden egg, they might aswell suck the last drops of blood out now I suppose. I reckon if the Government was to drop back fuel taxes to around €1.40 / €1.50/l that they'd actually increase their income as people would actually buy more fuel and go for those sunday drives etc. that have almost disappeared now as fuel is almost rationed for the absolute essentials. It is the single most serious issue facing the domestic economy right now and it has choked consumer spending.

Cutting fuel tax will stimulate the economy and help to create jobs by diverting tax money into other areas of the economy. When you have to spend €120 to fill the car each week you sure is hell aint going to go for dinner or a weekend away. LPG gas needs to be vastly encouraged and when people see Unleaded €1.70, Diesel €1.66 and LPG €0.75 up there on the fuel pricing there will be stampede for conversions. I'm going to convert my own car to LPG soon and I actually now hope that Petrol skyrockets to €2/l so that LPG becomes more popular as sourcing it in rural areas is troublesome.

5 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!