Cherry Blossom Moderator

Urizen said:
Then why are you acting so juvenile?

Touché!

Urizen said:
The show is not aimed at children AND their parents, so the parents don't go out of their minds watching it. And if you actually looked into that instead of simply making a snap judgement based on outdated information, you'd realise that.

My nieces like it, so I'm forced to watch it and I do go out of my mind.

Urizen Registered User

adrenalinjunkie said:
My nieces like it, so I'm forced to watch it and I do go out of my mind.

See, I don't get that. Granted, the versions made before Friendship is Magic make me want to commit mass murder, but FiM is a witty, enjoyable show to me. And I know it's obviously not for everyone, but what exactly makes you dislike it? I genuinely want to know.

And actually, I watch it with my little cousins too. That's why I'm their favourite

1 person has thanked this post
Orim Registered User

I'd don't think forums with such narrow parameters are a good idea.

However as someone said above a forum for Western animation would be a good idea.

Buzzthebatgirl Registered User

Wow, what's with all the narrow mindedness and hate here? I don't get this whole Brony thing myself, but neither do I get Football obsessions (I'm trying for two extremes here).

What's the harm in letting people who want to chat about Ponies and whatnot? At least if they have their own forum there will be less of it sneaking into other forums. It will be contained in one section that non-fans can ignore and fans can feel safe chatting away.

For what I can gather Brony fans like watching FIM, collecting the toys, buying merchandise (which comes in adult sizes too), and customising figures. That's more than some "Western Animations" ever achieve in their 2-3 year life span.

7 people have thanked this post

+1

silja Moderator

+1
my girls are just getting into this

silja said:
+1
my girls are just getting into this

Oh dear lord keep them away from these kind of people!

2 people have thanked this post
Meesared Registered User

What kinds of people?

Urizen Registered User

cocoshovel said:
Oh dear lord keep them away from these kind of people!

Probably best to keep them away from judgmental, uninformed people than from people who watch a television show...

Daisy M Registered User

-1 from me too. I agree though that a cartoon forum may be a better idea.

phasers Registered User
Urizen Registered User

Cosplay purse. This is tiresome. How come every Brony immediately recognises that the description of that plush is a joke, but every hater uses it as an excuse to call us perverts?

3 people have thanked this post
looksee Moderator

A 19 inch high purse. Right. Which you carry head down under your arm so your credit cards don't fall out?

It doesn't bother me that much whether there is a Bronies forum (why not call it that and save a lot of the confusion) or not, there are lots of forums I don't go to. But I do find the level of defensiveness for a tv programme a little surprising.

cyberwolf77 Moderator

looksee said:

It doesn't bother me that much whether there is a Bronies forum (why not call it that and save a lot of the confusion) or not, there are lots of forums I don't go to. But I do find the level of defensiveness for a tv programme a little surprising.

I find the blind hatred for fans of said programme very surprising

5 people have thanked this post

+10000000000

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!