#1

This is a must watch for any retro gaming fans, & I'll make it easy by linking all the episodes to date here. Basically two guys just floating around all the local game shops/flea markets/charity shops in Texas scouting for retro games. It's very funny, & you learn something about the value of stuff as you watch...












17 people have thanked this post
#2

Without a doubt one of my favourite 'YouTube series'. Been following those lads closely since day 1. Always an entertaining watch and often very funny. Dodongo is absolutely wild!

1 person has thanked this post
#3

Pyongyang said:
Without a doubt one of my favourite 'YouTube series'. Been following those lads closely since day 1. Always an entertaining watch and often very funny. Dodongo is absolutely wild!


Dondongo is hillarious

The 'Alriiiight!" guy is brilliant too, & also the other guy shouting "Woooo welcome to Game Chasers woooo!"

Great show though, no bullsh1t just hunting games & getting bargains

2 people have thanked this post
#4

Would be interesting to see a similar show based on Adverts.ie....

5 people have thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User
#5

Never heard of this, but just watched the first two eps and it's good craic. Amazing the amount of classic games stores in the states, I didn't realize they were so many.

1 person has thanked this post
johnny_ultimate Production Model EVA-02
#6

Watched the latest episode and it's very entertaining alright. Proof of why the hunt 'IRL' is so much more thrilling than scouring ebay!

That said, I'm not really convinced it's anything other than a slightly geekier Bargain Hunt, but hey we'll let them away with it At least they know what a NES-001 is

1 person has thanked this post
#7

o1s1n said:
Never heard of this, but just watched the first two eps and it's good craic. Amazing the amount of classic games stores in the states, I didn't realize they were so many.


You'd never heard of it?? Ah man its very good...it really gets good about midway into the first season

johnny_ultimate said:
Watched the latest episode and it's very entertaining alright. Proof of why the hunt 'IRL' is so much more thrilling than scouring ebay!


Indeed, & they address this very question in one of the Episodes. Someone asked them why they don't just buy online instead of wasting fuel/energy driving around buying them manually. The thrill of the hunt is the answer they gave

ghostchant Registered User
#8

I'm definitely an advocate of the 'thrill of the hunt', I might be the only person knocking around this forum who's still never used eBay

Roar Registered User
#9

watched all the episodes recently enough. It's very professionally made, and the two guys are quite funny. The Flintstones incident in episode 8 was great!

Ever since I got the RetrowareTV app I've been watching retro gaming videos in bed at night before going to bed, the missus thinks I'm cracked.

Optimus Prime Roll Out...
#10

Finally got around to watching this. Love it, thanks for posting it up, im up to episode 9 now. They made me go to two car boot sales this weekend...

1 person has thanked this post
#11

keithgeo said:
Finally got around to watching this. Love it, thanks for posting it up, im up to episode 9 now. They made me go to two car boot sales this weekend...


Brilliant isn't it. Really puts you in the mood to buy though

Optimus Prime Roll Out...
#12

EnterNow said:
Brilliant isn't it. Really puts you in the mood to buy though


Yeh its really good, makes you realise how bad we have it over here! everywhere they go there are retro games.

1 person has thanked this post
CathalDublin Registered User
#13

Why does Billy always look like he's been crying?
Also its also amazing how stingy they are, imagine their offers on adverts.ie to some of those crazy overpriced adverts "I'll give ya a buck a piece"

Optimus Prime Roll Out...
#14

CathalDublin said:
Why does Billy always look like he's been crying?


i was thinking that too, weird.

o1s1n Registered User
#15

keithgeo said:
Yeh its really good, makes you realise how bad we have it over here! everywhere they go there are retro games.


It's brilliant, but for the above reason, I find it very hard to watch!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!