• Male: I'm a virgin (7.25%)
  • Male: 1 - My present boyfriend/ girlfriend/ spouse (6.68%)
  • Male: 1 - 4 (17.94%)
  • Male: 5 - 10 (14.98%)
  • Male: 11 - 15 (6.77%)
  • Male: 16 - 30 (9.26%)
  • Male: 31 - 60 (5.53%)
  • Male: 61 - 99 (1.72%)
  • Male: 100+ (2.86%)
  • Male: So many that I've lost count (2.29%)
  • Female: I'm a virgin (1.91%)
  • Female: 1 - My present boyfriend/ girlfriend/ spouse (2.29%)
  • Female: 1 - 4 (6.97%)
  • Female: 5 - 10 (4.87%)
  • Female: 11 - 15 (2.1%)
  • Female: 16 - 30 (2.86%)
  • Female: 31 - 60 (1.24%)
  • Female: 61 - 99 (0.67%)
  • Female: 100+ (0.86%)
  • Female: So many that I've lost count (0.95%)

later12 said:

Relax, please.

I said they encouraged users of the service to make a list of previous partners. This wasn't supposed to be disclosed to anyone. It's just for the purposes of the user - presumably to reflect upon their sexual history, or maybe if there were anything untoward found in the subsequent test results.

And it was just the usual swab up the japs eye, no teaspoon required; thanks for your interest.

it wasnt actually in YOUR interest i made my comment, it was in the interest of those that might read your misleading post and be discouraged from attending an STI clinic, under the misguided impression that they might be "encouraged" or otherwise to name their sexual partners.

as Pedant says there, they will ask you non-specific questions about numbers. and your STI test results are confidential, hence why you only get referred to by a reference number, and they wont go contacting any of your previous sexual partners either if they find anything, they will just contact you alone, the responsibility is up to you then whether or not to inform your previous sexual partners.

I just want to clarify that no teaspoon goes up the japs' eye.

i think this grossly misleading statement ought to be clarified.

Pedant said:
Why didn't you just lie?

No, lying is not cool. He could refuse to answer but to lie?! Regardless of the lie, what about safety for her? (Even the safest of sex has dangers)

I would be and have been put off by someone's number. Mine is very low. And I like it that way. I have only had very strong feelings for the men that I have had sex with and have ended up being in love with and having relationships with them. The sex definitely improves too.

I was single for three years between them, and still didn't have sex casually! Just not for me

Hardonraging Registered User

ihsb said:
what about safety for her? (Even the safest of sex has dangers)

Do you look both ways when you cross the road ?

1 person has thanked this post

mishkalucy said:
Agreed!

But I was referring to the "number" as canon fodder in relationships where people have talked too much about their past and jealousy can ensue

mishkalucy said:
Canon fodder means that the information may be shared about past relationships during intimate moments.
But when the proverbial hits the fan, it can be used against you!

A relationship where a person would be jealous about my past before I'd even known them, and where they would use honest information that I had discussed with them as "cannon fodder" against me, is not a relationship I would ever want to be in, to be honest.

later12 said:
I'm not going to mention my exact number but I'm very OK with it, mostly on grounds that I know the surnames of all my previous partners

Woohoo I pass this test ... I'm not a slut!

ihsb said:
No, lying is not cool. He could refuse to answer but to lie?! Regardless of the lie, what about safety for her? (Even the safest of sex has dangers)

Safe sex isn't really about numbers. You could have been with only one person in the past, and be riddled as a result! Or you could have had safe sex with twenty people, and have nothing.

2 people have thanked this post
J Cheever Loophole Registered User

Prince Regent - "You know, Blackadder, for me socks are like sex. Tons of it about and I never seem to get any."

George speaks for me!!

Vicxas Registered User

12... Im a slut!

ihsb said:

And what if he got tested for STIs, etc., and knows his clean (and has records to prove it), then is it okay?

ihsb said:
I would be and have been put off by someone's number.

Is that only because you're worried about STIs?

Bam Bam Mickey Registered User

Six.

Mickey H Registered User

Hey OP, has this poll been adjusted to take into account the "rule of 3"?

3 people have thanked this post

Mickey H said:
Hey OP, has this poll been adjusted to take into account the "rule of 3"?

???

Unavailable for Comment Registered User

Pedant said:
???

The number of sexual partners a woman claims to have should be multiplied by 3 because she doesn't want to seem easy and a man's claim should be divided by 3 because he does want to seem successful!

Shenshen Moderator

Not enough, would be my answer to this

2 people have thanked this post

Vicxas said:
12... Im a slut!

Not necessarily, if your under 20 then yes, you are a slut.
If you are over 25 then that's pretty normal.

Novella Registered User

Patsy fyre said:
Not necessarily, if your under 20 then yes, you are a slut.
If you are over 25 then that's pretty normal.

And who made up that little rule? You? Why is it okay after 25? Why not 22, 23, 24? You can't just make sweeping statements like that.

6 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!