Fabi05 Registered User

I was reading on the Anti-Eviction Taskforce Facebook page about a protest in Portlaoise. Sherry Fitzgerald are selling a Repossessed family home. The family were evicted by Ulster Bank.

http://www.sherryfitz.ie/resi/buy/3-bed-Detached-House-For-Sale-by-Private-Treaty-Mountrath-Knockanina-Mountrath-Co.-Laois-propertydetail.aspx?id=316686&ST=1&pc=1

This is a family home. Shame on Sherry Fitzgerald.It's a scandal.

sickening

Islander13 Registered User

Nothing wrong with this in my opinion. If the family couldnt afford their repayments then unfortunately this is the consequence. Sad from a personal point of view I accept but debts need to be repaid

If they werent tempted with insane 100 % loans then people would be able to realistically pay off their mortagages but the banks got greedy and were pushed by their superiors to do the 100 % sales

1 person has thanked this post
mattjack Registered User

Was this a 100% per loan ?
I know someone who got one.

They were handing them out like candy in the late nineties and 2000's even after the crash bertie said everything was fine,and those who thought it wasnt should go kill themselves,his words exactly on rte news..100% loans were very common another thing that was common was shared loaning with the county council there are repossesions under this scheme too..

How about those who are paying their way?

christmas2012 said:
sickening

If you feel so strong about, you could always buy the house and let the family live in it rent free.

yeah ive no problem with those who are fortunate enough to pay their way on a 100 % level loan,those who cant i pity them,as they might have lost their job,taken a involuntary redundancy that wont last long,its sad really that 100 % loans were given out no questions asked,and yet they expect everybody to pay them back regardless of circumstance,im not saying they shouldnt pay them back,but look at the morality of giving out 100 % loans no questions asked..how could they not know some people just would not be able to make up such re payments..

Fabi05 said:
I was reading on the Anti-Eviction Taskforce Facebook page about a protest in Portlaoise. Sherry Fitzgerald are selling a Repossessed family home. The family were evicted by Ulster Bank.

http://www.sherryfitz.ie/resi/buy/3-bed-Detached-House-For-Sale-by-Private-Treaty-Mountrath-Knockanina-Mountrath-Co.-Laois-propertydetail.aspx?id=316686&ST=1&pc=1

If 9,500 people turn up and each give ten euro each they can afford to buy the house and give it to the family.

Dotsie~tmp Registered User

Fabi05 said:

Its a scandal alright. 95 grand. I'll bid 80 and no more.

mattjack Registered User

Christmas was there a 100% loan on that house ?

cgarrad Registered User

No one knocked on my door in the last 10 years offering mortgages.

You have to go into the bank to get one.

People need to be responsible for their decisions and not blame others.

5 people have thanked this post

yeah i know the people werent acting responsible but back then the banks were giving out 100 % loans,to anyone and everyone,they should have excericised responsibility too..are you of the opinion the banks did no wrong?and didnt have any hand in bankrupting the nation?back in the 2000's in my house leaflets were coming through the door of loan offers which was ridiculous..

christmas2012 said:
yeah i know the people werent acting responsible but back then the banks were giving out 100 % loans,to anyone and everyone,they should have excericised responsibility too..are you of the opinion the banks did no wrong?and didnt have any hand in bankrupting the nation?back in the 2000's in my house leaflets were coming through the door of loan offers which was ridiculous..

If the banks did not give the loan, then the house would not have been bought, then there would have been no house to reposses. So it would end in the same place.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!