rks Registered User

Got a leaflet today. Looked interesting hence the post.

www.lycamobile.ie

They are offering:

€0.19 per min for mobile calls in Ireland
€0.03 per min to landline calls
€0.09 for text messages (National + International)
Free lyca to lyca mobile calls
Very cheap calling rates for lot of countries

+

Unlimited Free internet
On the site it says: valid from 1st June to 30th June 2012 but no mention when the offer ends.
http://www.lycamobile.ie/mobile-internet/en
Wonder whats the catch?? Will they allow tethering?

Also which network they are going to use, o2, voda, 3....???

Minimum toptup is only €5 + Double your credit when you topup online.

You can order free sim from their site.

I am thinking of giving it a try.

stevek93 Registered User

Think there mostly aiming more at international calls.

sammy1301 Registered User

i found that very interesting i call Morocco 40mins and pay 3c i m calling home now more often and find out that i can call usa landline mobile txt 1c amazing deal

breathn Registered User

Ali, please contact the boards.ie team to verify your account for official support. You'll get a nice blue title to stand out then.
I see all your replies last night in the other thread were deleted by someone, so it's best if you contact the boards team so all your replies can stay

antodeco Warning: Contains traces of nuts

I certainly hope it's not a genuine account! Text speak and poor sentence construction leaves a tad unprofessional'

thesandeman Registered User

Whole company is unprofessional. I've posted previously in the main thread. Not had time to update there but things hav'nt got any better.

Adrian4 Registered User

Anyone using these?

The seem great value calling landlines.

toxicloan365 Registered User

I'm using Lycamobile; their customer service is very slow and poor but the voice and data services work very well. The international voice call service, in particular, is more reliable than TescoMobile.

It's hard to beat their 30 day mobile broadband bundle (1GB limit) for €6.49; best in market, I believe, although it's just a promotional rate at the moment. No tethering restrictions on this service as well.

mac.in Registered User

I'm currently using it and found customer service to be good. But I found that only mastercard-secure and 3d-visa eligible prepaid cards are accepted for online recharge. Laser cards or any other prepaid cards (like O2 or 3V) are not acceptable.

mac.in Registered User

toxicloan365 said:
The international voice call service, in particular, is more reliable than TescoMobile.

bittihuduga Registered User

has anyone ported from other irish networks to lyca?
i am having problems porting my number from emobile to lyca.
they are asking for
Batch ID*
Batch Count*
Batch Portnumber
emobile guys do not have these number

toxicloan365 Registered User

All you need for a number port to Lyca is;

- Name.
- Email.
- Lyca Mobile Number.
- Lyca SIM Card.
- Your current Mobile Number.
- Your current SIM Card Number.
- Your current network provider.

as per their webpage.

.....if Lyca are looking for the data listed below then you are talking to the wrong people.......

bittihuduga said:
has anyone ported from other irish networks to lyca?
i am having problems porting my number from emobile to lyca.
they are asking for
Batch ID*
Batch Count*
Batch Portnumber
emobile guys do not have these number

Access Registered User

Is it me or does anyone else think that this whole thread smacks of advertising by Lycamobile reps?

3 people have thanked this post
mac.in Registered User

Access said:
Is it me or does anyone else think that this whole thread smacks of advertising by Lycamobile reps?

you are absolutely wrong. I was with 2 networks before I moved to Lyca for it's been cost-friendly for my kind of usage. I'm a regular international call user.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!