cynder Registered User
#3,001

Jane_LS_88 said:
Honey-ec said:
Hmm, around 8.5 - 9 stone sounds about right, in that case. Obviously BMI isn't the be-all-and-end-all but like I said, it's a fairly good weathervane for the mere mortals among us.

However, what I would be saying is not to get *too* hung up on achieving a golden number on the scales or on the BMI chart. If you set yourself an initial goal of 10 stone, stick with that. Do your best, realise that you'll have off-days and bad weeks, and when you get to 10 stone, reassess then. See how you feel. Decide if you're happy with how you look. Check your BMI then. And then, if you feel like it, you could always try and keep going to get to the 8.5 stone/BMI you'd like. Just don't take too much on yourself at the outset or you'll be setting yourself up for failure.

rebel girl 15 said:
8.5 stone would give a BMI of 24.03, 9 stone would give a BMI of 25.44, 10 stone would give a BMI of 28.27 - which is classed as overweight for your height

As Honey said, get to your target, and then follow the two points I have in bold. Weight is just a number - its how you feel and how you feel you look is the most important thing. Life is too short to be worrying about numbers the whole time!

Thanks guys. I'm 12st 6 and I'm 4ft 11, I know it's way too much for my height and my confidence is actually quite loq the moment, sometimes I can't look in the mirror. I'd be happy enough if I just lost my tummy tbh because all my excess weight seems to be around my middle. I'll just have to stick at it and lose it slowly like last time.

Jane I was 12 stone 6 and I've lost 2 stone since x mas, I haven't lost any real weight in 2 or so months, I'm 10 stone 5 now. I'm 5 foot 4.5. It was hard work and harder work lies ahead as I'm nit shifting the last stone. I did a diy job I didn't go to weight watchers. I'm happy enough with my body but wish the belly was flatter. I'm still walking and ran 1 k and walked 5.5 k yesterday. I'm at kickboxing tomorrow. It's not just about diet once you lose the 1st stone oR your first dress size you really do feel much better.

Pm me if you need support or motivation. And post up before and after pics, mine are on already...

#3,002

Jane I'm considering joining WW; I'd love to get a stone or so off. Well I'd lose two stone if I could but I'll try the stone for now. We can motivate each other!

#3,003

i need more motivation to lose weight!

I just threw out a heap of clothes that have become too big on me but i stil have a bit more to go!

Novella Registered User
#3,004

I could lose weight, but I totally love eating.

1 person has thanked this post
x Purple Pawprints x Registered User
#3,005

grindelwald said:
Jane I was 12 stone 6 and I've lost 2 stone since x mas, I haven't lost any real weight in 2 or so months, I'm 10 stone 5 now. I'm 5 foot 4.5. It was hard work and harder work lies ahead as I'm nit shifting the last stone. I did a diy job I didn't go to weight watchers. I'm happy enough with my body but wish the belly was flatter. I'm still walking and ran 1 k and walked 5.5 k yesterday. I'm at kickboxing tomorrow. It's not just about diet once you lose the 1st stone oR your first dress size you really do feel much better.

Pm me if you need support or motivation. And post up before and after pics, mine are on already...

EmilyO said:
Jane I'm considering joining WW; I'd love to get a stone or so off. Well I'd lose two stone if I could but I'll try the stone for now. We can motivate each other!

I haven't actually gone back to WW, I'm thinking about it though. I don't know if I can afford it. I know it's only a tenner but then when you consider the missed week fee is €5 and I'd be likely to miss meetings with visiting bf etc. I only went for about a 30 minute walk today, I might go again later and I'll have to get my bike fixed up too. At the moment I'm sort of counting points. I'm still using the old points system. I'm just making sure to eat 3 meals a day, drink lots of water and get some exercise.

My belly is my problem really because I'm happy enough with the rest of my body. As I said before all my excess weight is around my middle. Hopefully my boobs won't disappear..

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys, I really appreciate it. I've said that I'm going to lose weight countless times. I really have to do it because my confidence really is at rock bottom at the moment.

#3,006

Today was tough. Instead of our usual "tea?" emails i wanted to write "jax?"

21 people have thanked this post
cdaly_ Registered User
#3,007

grindelwald said:

I've lost a certain amount of weight in the last couple of years with the cycling but am nowhere near my 'ideal' weight. I still have a significant belly (though I can flatten it (momentarily) at will). However, I'm doing serious distance on the bike at a decent effort and I'm currently well fit and energetic. I'm not looking at numbers or scales, just happy to be active and able to look in the mirror without feeling guilty...

cdaly_ Registered User
#3,008

Kiera said:
Today was tough. Instead of our usual "tea?" emails i wanted to write "jax?"

Hope you did...

Lucyfur Master of Puppies
#3,009

Bluewolf....€140 for a massage with hot oil?

Was there a fine Italian bit of stuff heating the oil on his body??

That is INSANE!!! And saying the the massage includes feet and scalp?? THEY'RE PART OF YOUR BODY, THEY'RE MEANT TO BE INCLUDED!!!!

That's crazy money. I do a full hot stone with hot oil massage for half that...come to me next time, I'll make it all spa-like by.....erm....massaging you in the bathroom....or outside next to the paddling pool or.....something

Oh and on the EWCM....I dunno what ye're getting freaked out over, it happens everyone around ovulation Well, not you Albection/awec/cdaly/krudler

8 people have thanked this post
bluewolf Category Moderator
#3,010

Yeah that's what we thought too the only reason we got it was for that 3hour yoke. They had a one hour full body for 85 shoulda got that
left a bad review on tripadvisor for them

lilmissprincess Registered User
#3,011

Decided instead of baking to go for a walk, just mapped it online and apparently twas 8km! Feeling fairly happy with that since I did a 7km one yesterday with a friend of mine. All the hard work will be wasted seeing as I'm having a Lennoxes dinner, but this way I can view it as having earned it - and it got me out of the house and less wanting to die of boredom!

Jane I'm the same height as you and am just under ten and a half stone, and am a size 10 - according to the BMI thing I need to lose two stone and I think thats too small...

Novella Registered User
#3,012

Wah, everybody else comes home from work and I start getting ready to go to work.

Thank god for the eye candy who sits at the desk opposite mine. Prime perving position.

#3,013

I'm having trouble with this knitting now. I was going to post in the knitting super-thread over in the Arts & Crafts forum but nobody has posted in 4 months so I don't know if that'll be successful. Can't really find what I'm looking for anywhere online. Wah.

#3,014

lilmissprincess said:
Decided instead of baking to go for a walk, just mapped it online and apparently twas 8km! Feeling fairly happy with that since I did a 7km one yesterday with a friend of mine. All the hard work will be wasted seeing as I'm having a Lennoxes dinner, but this way I can view it as having earned it - and it got me out of the house and less wanting to die of boredom!

Jane I'm the same height as you and am just under ten and a half stone, and am a size 10 - according to the BMI thing I need to lose two stone and I think thats too small...

I think I'll head off for another walk.. I only did about 1km today, might see if I can do 2 more. Thanks for the motivation!

Yeah I don't think I'm going to go by that. I think if I could get to between 10 and 10 and a half stone I'd look and feel so much better.

#3,015

Miaireland said:
Has any one had shellac nails done? Did they damage you nails much? I had the gelcure one done and didn't like the way they filed the surface of the nail. I am thinking of getting shellac as normal varnish doesn't last anytime on my nails.
I've had shellac done once and a few hours later they started peeling so I went back to the salon and they re-did them for free and I had the same problem again.

There's a thread here about them - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78319344

ellieh1 said:
I got a placement Yippee!!!!! I just got a phonecall to offer me a placement, I am chuffed to bits *does a happy dance*
Congrats Ellieh

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!