mcriot29 Registered User
#1

I know its summer but any one have any views on the signs for 2012 winter , i think a pos Nao so a mild standerd winter for ireland
Link belOw about winter
http://forums.accuweather.com/index.php?#38;showtopic=26562&st=300


***MOD WARNING***
Keep it on topic folks , don't attack the person posting, questioning the post is ok but if you have nothing constructive to say , don't post.

This is an on thread warning for all.

delw Registered User
#2

Seriously???
I love winter but come on it's only June

#3

delw said:
Seriously???
I love winter but come on it's only June


I think last years thread started in June. Anyway given our luck last winter we'll get as much snow this summer as we will this winter.

Elmer Blooker Registered User
#4

when you see a chart like this in mid summer you can be be certain that there will be a big azores high around next winter. The Irish climate will never cease to disappoint !

4 people have thanked this post
tylercollins Registered User
#5

Elmer Blooker said:
when you see a chart like this in mid summer you can be be certain that there will be a big azores high around next winter. The Irish climate will never cease to disappoint !



Can you explain what that means exactly? Thanks!

A quick Google of that, does this mean that it will be a very mild winter because of the subtropical high? Or something along those lines lol

Birdnuts Registered User
#6

tylercollins said:
Can you explain what that means exactly? Thanks!

A quick Google of that, does this mean that it will be a very mild winter because of the subtropical high? Or something along those lines lol


Basically the danger of another snorefest on the scale of last winter!!

#7

tylercollins said:
Can you explain what that means exactly? Thanks!

A quick Google of that, does this mean that it will be a very mild winter because of the subtropical high? Or something along those lines lol


To put it very basically (and not all that accurately!):

Azores high in summer - warm.
Azores high in winter - mild muck.

Greenland high in summer - cool cloudy, wet (i.e. current conditions)
Greenland high in winter - snow fest.

They always happen the wrong way around.

2 people have thanked this post
Lucreto Registered User
#8

James Madden the Soothsayer predicted this coming Winter.

I strongly emphasised on the strong winds throughout the winter period of 2011/12 in August, before any other suggestions from any other forecaster. I also suggest that unusually strong winds will again be problematic at times during the upcoming autumn/winter period too.
As for next winter, the Met Office representation/scientist who stated “we are currently expecting a series of milder winters” will be incorrect about the upcoming 2012/2013 winter (Aired BBC 2 - 6th November 2011).
I also expect that the “series of milder winters” statement was made due to the unexpected rise in solar activity during the late part of 2011, and the expected rises being forecast by other professional bodies for the future (when I have consistently argued otherwise).
I expect large parts of this winter to be very cold and exceptionally snowy in comparison to last year (forecasting confidence is quite high). I also expect these conditions to arrive earlier, rather than later this winter. There may even be the potential for some of the coldest/snowiest conditions in at least a century at times within the upcoming winter. More detailed information to follow on this shortly in the UK winter 2012-13 forecast/updates.


You heard it here first another mild winter this year.

3 people have thanked this post
mcriot29 Registered User
#9

Lucreto said:
James Madden the Soothsayer predicted this coming Winter.

I strongly emphasised on the strong winds throughout the winter period of 2011/12 in August, before any other suggestions from any other forecaster. I also suggest that unusually strong winds will again be problematic at times during the upcoming autumn/winter period too.
As for next winter, the Met Office representation/scientist who stated “we are currently expecting a series of milder winters” will be incorrect about the upcoming 2012/2013 winter (Aired BBC 2 - 6th November 2011).
I also expect that the “series of milder winters” statement was made due to the unexpected rise in solar activity during the late part of 2011, and the expected rises being forecast by other professional bodies for the future (when I have consistently argued otherwise).
I expect large parts of this winter to be very cold and exceptionally snowy in comparison to last year (forecasting confidence is quite high). I also expect these conditions to arrive earlier, rather than later this winter. There may even be the potential for some of the coldest/snowiest conditions in at least a century at times within the upcoming winter. More detailed information to follow on this shortly in the UK winter 2012-13 forecast/updates.


You heard it here first another mild winter this year.

Wonder what the postman will have to say on this winter , anyone know what his summer forecast is , joe b us going for a cold winter this year , mark vogan is already droping hints on this winter seems to ve saying it wont be mild

#10

Winter 2012/2013 - and we haven't even passed the solstice.

This is just depressing.

I mean there's weather enthusiasm, then there's unhealthy, dare I say obsessive fixation on snow and ice, to think people would be wishing away the summer dreaming of what may come in December...

1 person has thanked this post
mcriot29 Registered User
#11

dopolahpec said:
Winter 2012/2013 - and we haven't even passed the solstice.

This is just depressing.

I mean there's weather enthusiasm, then there's unhealthy, dare I say obsessive fixation on snow and ice, to think people would be wishing away the summer dreaming of what may come in December...

You mean come in oct not dec lol thats if you go by madmans forecast a snowy oct
Hard to wish this summer away when its just like winter was 13c and dull seems we have not had any summer or winter been 13 c winter and summer

Lucreto Registered User
#12

mcriot29 said:
Wonder what the postman will have to say on this winter , anyone know what his summer forecast is , joe b us going for a cold winter this year , mark vogan is already droping hints on this winter seems to ve saying it wont be mild


Everyone but the postman said it was going to be a cold Winter but it turned out one of the warmest.

This is what Michael Gallagher said at the end of March

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/03/28/dont-buy-any-more-suncream-just-yet-donegal-weatherman/

He wasn't far off.

dopolahpec said:
Winter 2012/2013 - and we haven't even passed the solstice.

This is just depressing.

I mean there's weather enthusiasm, then there's unhealthy, dare I say obsessive fixation on snow and ice, to think people would be wishing away the summer dreaming of what may come in December...


Not everyone likes Summer. I prefer Winter and I just tolerate Summer.

I go by the phrase It easy to escape the cold in Winter but hard to escape the heat in Summer. Air conditioning is not worthwhile in Ireland as temperatures never reach too high for very long and we have to suffer through it when it does.

This Summer so far hasn't been too bad only a handful of hot days.

1 person has thanked this post
mcriot29 Registered User
#13

mcriot29 said:
Wonder what the postman will have to say on this winter , anyone know what his summer forecast is , joe b us going for a cold winter this year , mark vogan is already droping hints on this winter seems to ve saying it wont be mild


Everyone but the postman said it was going to be a cold Winter but it turned out one of the warmest.

This is what Michael Gallagher said at the end of March

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/03/28/dont-buy-any-more-suncream-just-yet-donegal-weatherman/

He wasn't far off.

dopolahpec said:
Winter 2012/2013 - and we haven't even passed the solstice.

This is just depressing.

I mean there's weather enthusiasm, then there's unhealthy, dare I say obsessive fixation on snow and ice, to think people would be wishing away the summer dreaming of what may come in December...


Not everyone likes Summer. I prefer Winter and I just tolerate Summer.

I go by the phrase It easy to escape the cold in Winter but hard to escape the heat in Summer. Air conditioning is not worthwhile in Ireland as temperatures never reach too high for very long and we have to suffer through it when it does.

This Summer so far hasn't been too bad only a handful of hot days.

Be great if someone could set up a website for the postmans predictions , wouldent take much even a blog, and he was the only forecaster to be spot on

1 person has thanked this post
#14

Lucreto said:


I go by the phrase It easy to escape the cold in Winter but hard to escape get a bit of heat in Summer


Fixed ye phrase

Lucreto Registered User
#15

Deep Easterly said:
Fixed ye phrase


Seems like that for the last few year.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!