cococoady Registered User

Can anyone tell me is there a way to track lost iPhones without having the find ur iPhone app on it. I don't recall if I do have it on it as I've so many apps on the phone, but just incase I don't is there any other way. It's an iPhone 4 running the latest software bar one. I've tried ringing it but whoever has it now turned it off.
Thanks

Agent Smith Did you enjoy the fuhrer's birthday?

cococoady said:
Can anyone tell me is there a way to track lost iPhones without having the find ur iPhone app on it. I don't recall if I do have it on it as I've so many apps on the phone, but just incase I don't is there any other way. It's an iPhone 4 running the latest software bar one. I've tried ringing it but whoever has it now turned it off.
Thanks

Not if you dont have the app installed

cococoady said:
Thanks

Not if you dont have the app installed

Fook it.
Cheers anyway.

Captain Morgan Registered User

Do you actually need the app on your phone? The way I thought it worked was if you have find my iPhone setting turned on in iCloud settings you download the app on another iOS device to track it.

its a setting not an app

Captain Morgan said:
Do you actually need the app on your phone? The way I thought it worked was if you have find my iPhone setting turned on in iCloud settings you download the app on another iOS device to track it.

Really??
How do u login to iCloud.
Don't have a computer but can use the girlfriends iPhone.

Duggys Housemate said:
its a setting not an app

Any idea how to get into it

jd83 Registered User
Sad Professor Information Retrieval

To login into iCloud, go to www.icloud.com

To enable Find My iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone on your iPhone. If your phone is gone and this wasn't enabled already, then you are out of luck.

What's to stop a thief disabling this setting???

Nothing. But they could just as easily turn the phone off or take the SIM out.

Sad Professor said:
Nothing. But they could just as easily turn the phone off or take the SIM out.

Does this turn off the tracking?

Yes.

antodeco Warning: Contains traces of nuts

I originally just had the setting but then I downloaded the app too. As far as I know, it's just the setting that you need.

Unless you have multiple iOS devices, you don't need the app. It's just the website in app form.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!