Darkglasses The Elephant in the Room
#46

Call Joe, that is pretty ignorant of them, and it's a good story.

#47

Pushtrak said:
Simple. Don't eat in McDonalds. This incident isn't the only reason to justify such a move.


Battered Mars Bar said:
Wtf Could you not just lob him up on the sink counter in the mens jacks?


PinkFly said:
First world problem don't ya just love 'em


PinkFly said:
Or in the cubicle on your knee??


Are you lot taking the fucking piss?
What an age we live in.

5 people have thanked this post
Pushtrak Registered User
#48

Andy Carroll said:
Are you lot taking the fucking piss?
What an age we live in.

Suppose you go somewhere and aren't happy with the service for whatever reason. Do you suppose it is a good idea to keep going there? Indeed what an age we live in.

Someone posts an issue they had with a service, and one can not point out it might be worth not returning... And this is puzzling to people. I'm not understanding where you are coming from on this. Clarify?

You took issue to my post, and one calling it first world problems. Your angle on all this is unclear.

#49

teishen said:
If you walk into the ladies toilet as a man, with a baby in your arms to change, no woman will give you any grief.


Is that a rule or something? I would be significantly put out by someone doing that.

2 stroke Registered User
#50

If she blocked you from using the baby changing area, you should have handed her the baby and changing bag.

2 people have thanked this post
#51

Pushtrak said:
Suppose you go somewhere and aren't happy with the service for whatever reason. Do you suppose it is a good idea to keep going there? Indeed what an age we live in.

Someone posts an issue they had with a service, and one can not point out it might be worth not returning... And this is puzzling to people. I'm not understanding where you are coming from on this. Clarify?

You took issue to my post, and one calling it first world problems. Your angle on all this is unclear.


Because it's gender based discrimination obviously.

If someone offers a ****ty service to everyone, okay, just don't go there (though there must rules and regulations on facilities, quite probably ignored in this country).

If someone offers a ****ty service to one group and not another based on their gender or race, then we have a problem. That isn't too hard to wrap your head around is it?

If it helps you understand it, replace *Blocks door* - 'Sorry men can't use the baby changing facilities' with 'sorry, *Blocks door* 'Sorry, Black people can't use the baby changing facilities here. /shrug.'

Are you male or female out of curiosity?

8 people have thanked this post
#52

stupidusername said:
Is that a rule or something? I would be significantly put out by someone doing that.


You should consider complaining any time you are in a place that only provides females with a baby changing facility.

IrishAm Registered User
#53

Andy Carroll said:
Because it's gender based discrimination obviously.


Public bars and restaurants are not legally obliged to provide baby changing facilities. Its a service they choose to provide at their discretion.

If the OP took them to court, citing this as evidence of gender based discrimination, he should expect to pick up all costs.

3 people have thanked this post
vicwatson Registered User
#54

Babies sh*t - McDonalds sh*t - what's the damn problem?

#55

Andy Carroll said:
You should consider complaining any time you are in a place that only provides females with a baby changing facility.


No I shouldn't.

Pushtrak Registered User
#56

Andy Carroll said:
Because it's gender based discrimination obviously.

If someone offers a ****ty service to everyone, okay, just don't go there (though there must rules and regulations on facilities, quiet probably ignored in this country).

If someone offers a ****ty service to one group and not another based on their gender or race, then we have a problem. That isn't too hard to wrap your head around is it?

No, it isn't (too hard to wrap my head around, for clarification). Thank you for clarifying. I guess I am just trying to (over?)simplify it in to a matter of voting with your wallet. Availing of alternative places that deserve the customers.

Oh, and my first post here wasn't in any way trying to devalue the thread in a "Oh, this shouldn't have been posted here, just don't go there". I actually find a lot of value in places being called out for sucky business practices. And think people should question whether they want to give money to whatever business on whatever basis.
Are you male or female out of curiosity?

Male, and for full disclosure, I don't have kids.

#57

IrishAm said:
Public bars and restaurants are not legally obliged to provide baby changing facilities. Its a service they choose to provide at their discretion.

If the OP took them to court, citing this as evidence of gender based discrimination, he should expect to pick up all costs.


Hardly makes it right though, does it? Many laws and regulations in this country are a joke. Old and backward.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone could have success at a higher court, European based. Regardless, they should be shamed into sorting themselves out.

Are you aware of what the laws are regarding disabled toilets? Have noticed one hilarious setup regarding that... so curious as to what the laws are.

stupidusername said:
No I shouldn't.


Then don't complain if someone uses the baby changing facilities.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be keen on having people changing their babies ****ty nappies in front of me either.
Baby changing facilities if provided shouldn't be gender specific, that makes not a jot of sense.

Pushtrak said:
No, it isn't (too hard to wrap my head around, for clarification). Thank you for clarifying. I guess I am just trying to (over?)simplify it in to a matter of voting with your wallet. Availing of alternative places that deserve the customers.

Oh, and my first post here wasn't in any way trying to devalue the thread in a "Oh, this shouldn't have been posted here, just don't go there". I actually find a lot of value in places being called out for sucky business practices. And think people should question whether they want to give money to whatever business on whatever basis.

Male, and for full disclosure, I don't have kids.


Male without kids also.
The sad thing is that people generally won't vote with their feet/wallet.

guppy Registered User
#58

Andy Carroll said:
Because it's gender based discrimination obviously.

If someone offers a ****ty service to everyone, okay, just don't go there (though there must rules and regulations on facilities, quite probably ignored in this country).

If someone offers a ****ty service to one group and not another based on their gender or race, then we have a problem. That isn't too hard to wrap your head around is it?

If it helps you understand it, replace *Blocks door* - 'Sorry men can't use the baby changing facilities' with 'sorry, *Blocks door* 'Sorry, Black people can't use the baby changing facilities here. /shrug.'

Are you male or female out of curiosity?


As a woman, I had to change my baby on my lap, in a cubicle many times. Not sexism, just piss-poor facilities. I dealt with it (as did many other women), why could a man not just adapt, as I, as a woman, as did numerous other women, had(have) to?

ahnowbrowncow Registered User
#59

guppy said:
As a woman, I had to change my baby on my lap, in a cubicle many times. Not sexism, just piss-poor facilities. I dealt with it (as did many other women), why could a man not just adapt, as I, as a woman, as did numerous other women, had(have) to?


What don't you understand, providing a service to one set of people and not another is discrimination. Is it that difficult to grasp???

4 people have thanked this post
IvySlayer Registered User
#60

Denying someone a service based on their gender seems bang out of order to me.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!