#1

In my 20s. Failed before.. just passed my test today... mild excitement..



3 people have thanked this post
flutterflye Registered User
#2

I passed first time years ago.
Meh.

#3

get drunk and go driving to celebrate

2 people have thanked this post
#4

I thought this was a thread about the old driving test. Before you had to know how to change your oil and all that jazz.

Congrats OP. I'll never forget the relief of passing my test.

3 people have thanked this post
Professey Chin Registered User
#5

whoopsadaisydoodles said:
I thought this was a thread about the old driving test. Before you had to know how to change your oil and all that jazz.

Congrats OP. I'll never forget the relief of passing my test.


I was hoping it meant a driving test for old people.
Hazardous bastards

3 people have thanked this post
bluewolf being awesome
#6

whoopsadaisydoodles said:
I thought this was a thread about the old driving test. Before you had to know how to change your oil and all that jazz.

Congrats OP. I'll never forget the relief of passing my test.


I was mostly in shock
I was a bag of nerves, told to pull out of the centre, turn left, up a bit, right pull in and do your reverse around a corner
never ever had a problem with it in practice but in the test i pulled too tight and the car scraped the kerb
well... i thought that was it
5 mins into the test and i've failed already, what's the point now
nerves went and i drove fine since i thought it didn't matter

nope, passed me... "well it wasn't the most competent, but it definitely wasn't dangerous"

he kept asking was i ok and why wasn't i saying anything afterwards
lol

1 person has thanked this post
#7

bluewolf said:

nope, passed me... "well it wasn't the most competent, but it definitely wasn't dangerous"


I wonder if you had the same guy as me!
I cut out about four times reversing around the corner. I was in a total tizzy and thought there wasn't a hope and he pretty much said similar "ah not the best test ever but you know how to drive!". Phew!

1 person has thanked this post
#8

davet82 said:
get drunk and go driving to celebrate


take some acid too it makes driving even more fun...like playing gta on your xbox

#9

Congratulations!

I always wonder why the Irish driving system is so strange though. I know so many people here you don't want to drive or just drive really, really badly. And I heard the failure rate is terrible too. I think you should change something about the way you learn how to drive and the testing, and I didn't mean this in any way against the Irish drivers but the people who figured out this loose system of driving license issuing.

#10

RaRaRasputin said:
Congratulations!

I always wonder why the Irish driving system is so strange though. I know so many people here you don't want to drive or just drive really, really badly. And I heard the failure rate is terrible too. I think you should change something about the way you learn how to drive and the testing, and I didn't mean this in any way against the Irish drivers but the people who figured out this loose system of driving license issuing.


What do you think is loose about the system? Just as a matter of interest like?

xxxJennyxxx Registered User
#11

I still have to do mine, absolute effort of it ...

4 people have thanked this post
Immaculate Pasta Registered User
#12

Congratulations OP that's a worthwhile skill you've picked up.

I always thought that cars were going to be massive

Tonyandthewhale Registered User
#13

Immaculate Pasta said:
Congratulations OP that's a worthwhile skill you've picked up.

I always thought that cars were going to be massive


Nope, waste of time. It's all on computers nowadays.

#14

It's the new drivers test you need to pass, not the old one stupid.

#15

I was only allowed to drive once I had passed both the theory and driving test, and you had to take a specific number of official driving lessons to be allowed to take the driving test.
You could train with someone holding a license in specific areas, but not in actual traffic because it's deemed unsafe. I think it makes more sense than sending people out with their parents or so on the passenger seat in main traffic or so.

And again, I didn't mean this as an offense to Irish driving. I just find the system a bit odd to appreciate.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!