Grendels Registered User

Does anyone know of a library in Dublin that has a separate sci-fi/fantasy section? I've gone to a few, but they didn't have the fiction books organised into genres.

hooplah Registered User

As far as know Coolock library does. Not sure how handy that is for you

AhInFairness Registered User

Did you try the Central Library in the Ilac Centre? I'm almost sure they have them separated out.

hooplah Registered User

AhInFairness said:
Did you try the Central Library in the Ilac Centre? I'm almost sure they have them separated out.

No, I'm afraid they don't. They do have a science fiction bookclub though which the op might be interested in. Even if you don't want to head along the list of titles they have read might give you some ideas on what to read next.

1 person has thanked this post
dots03 Registered User

I was in Blanchardstown library at lunch time today and perused a pretty decent (and separate) Sci-Fi\Fantasy section...also included lots of graphic novels.

If it's near you it's well worth a look.

Grendels Registered User

Thanks, everyone. City center or south Dublin would be handiest for me. As it seems libraries with separate sci-fi sections are in short supply, though, I might have to venture further afield.

Lector Registered User

Whitechurch in Rathfarnham has its sci-fi/fantasy books in a separate section. It's not *very* big, though.

hooplah Registered User

Grendels said:
As it seems libraries with separate sci-fi sections are in short supply, though, I might have to venture further afield.

You could just browse as well.

I know any of the public libraries will have a decent ratio of sci-fi in with the rest of the fiction because they're a popular read.

Book covers aren't as cliched as they used to be but publishers use design to sell to genre fans. You'll find it easy enough to identify the different types of sci-fi by cover and title.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!