reznov Registered User

I have trouble constructing a perfect incircle which doesn't go past the three sides of a triangle. Always a part of the circle will jut out and it's an eyesore as i strive to develop a professional representation of my mathematical ability.

Will I lose many marks? How do you construct a sexy incircle?

FaoiSin Registered User

You should be able to judge it by eye.

reznov Registered User

Just a little bit always goes astray.
I'm aiming for that Maths certificate and don't want the chief examiner to get the wrong impression.

I do it by eye! Maybe I need an eye replacement?

you need optilase.

if you can't get the incircle construction fully exact, i would kill myself reznov.

reznov Registered User

cutty9 said:
you need optilase.

if you can't get the incircle construction fully exact, i would kill myself reznov.

Wait so if I don't get it right, you will kill yourself? A hefty sacrifice indeed comrade.

Anyone? Any suggestions? Or should I hope for the best as there's no technique?

2 people have thanked this post
Canard J'ai une araignée au plafond

Draw the circle first, draw a triangle around it, add in the construction lines.

4 people have thanked this post
FaoiSin Registered User

Patchy~ said:
Draw the circle first, draw a triangle around it, add in the construction lines.

That's... That's brilliant!

Works every time, FUQ DA SYSTEM

reznov Registered User

Patchy~ said:

If I get the certificate in Maths, I'm dedicating it to YahFaoiSin and you.

1 person has thanked this post
finality Registered User

Patchy~ said:

What if they give you specific measurements for the triangle?

They usually just give you the triangle don't they?

I thought that too. I always thought it was kind of accepted the incircles just dont work, my godly JC maths teacher taught us that sneaky trick.

But I guess youd just make the radius around the length of the side or something like that, might take a few tries but if all else fails just do trial and error or do it the conventional way even if it messes up a bit.

Patchy~ said:
I thought that too. I always thought it was kind of accepted the incircles just dont work, my godly JC maths teacher taught us that sneaky trick.

But I guess youd just make the radius around the length of the side or something like that, might take a few tries but if all else fails just do trial and error or do it the conventional way even if it messes up a bit.

Use your protractor first. then draw the lines after words

finality Registered User

I actually don't have trouble with the incircle. Finding the incentre accurately is easy, then just try to sort of line your compass up with the part of the triangle that's closest to the centre, then draw a circle.

If it's out by like half a millimetre it's not going to be a problem anyway.

m4r0s Registered User

assume everyone knows it...but you've to draw a 90 degree line to one of the sides from the incentre, works every time for me

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!