Hi all

Sorry for posting this here, I know it could probably go in the Korea thread but there are so many posts there.

In a nutshell:

I live in China. I love Japan. Can I go to Japan on a holiday visa and convert my holiday visa to a work visa without having to go back to Ireland?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Moderators

Would it be possible to move this to the Japan forum?

Thank you.

spurious Category Moderator

Moved from 'Teaching and Lecturing'.

3 people have thanked this post
shindig-jp Registered User

Mr. Loverman said:
Hi all

Sorry for posting this here, I know it could probably go in the Korea thread but there are so many posts there.

In a nutshell:

I live in China. I love Japan. Can I go to Japan on a holiday visa and convert my holiday visa to a work visa without having to go back to Ireland?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

In a nutshell ..... NO.

Your best bet is to apply for an English teaching position to Japan while you are in China and get your sponsorship before arriving in Japan otherwise it's going to be the long haul.

Gaba will sponsor you if you have the right credentials like a BA of sorts along with a TEFL cert should you not had past experience of teaching .

Should you go there on a 90 day visa and find an English teaching job ? the easy and cheapest route is to hit Seoul for a few days for a visa stamp at the Japanese Embassy , then back to Japan with an entry visa to work .

Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated.

What is the job situation like in Japan at the moment? I have no teaching experience (I'm a student in China) but I do have a M.Sc in Computing.

shindig-jp Registered User

Mr. Loverman said:
Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated.

What is the job situation like in Japan at the moment? I have no teaching experience (I'm a student in China) but I do have a M.Sc in Computing.

The M.Sc will do the trick . Check this http://teaching-in-japan.gaba.co.jp/

1 person has thanked this post
the_syco Registered User

Check the JET (the Japanese Exchange and Teaching) programme out. You'll get more info on it in the Japanese embassy.

http://www.jetprogramme.org

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!