Brendog Registered User

I know this is a terrible way to start off the week but here we go.

I was out last night at a going away party for my friend who is going to America. Everyone was having a few drinks, having a laugh. Then most of my friends left because they were in work this morning so I said to this guy that I've known for a few years that I'd walk home with him as the pub isn't that far from our houses.

All was good until he jumped me. He punched me in the face and started kicking me while I was on the ground. It only stopped when a taxi driver ran over and dragged me into his car. He brought me home and wouldn't take the money I offered him. My eye is badly swollen and bloodshot but I can't help but think it would've been much worse.

I just want to say Thank you to this amazing guy. I don't know who you are but I would just like to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart and I wish there were more people like you in this country.

126 people have thanked this post
galwayrush Registered User

You met The Citizen.

22 people have thanked this post
splashthecash Registered User

U

Brendog said:
I know this is a terrible way to start off the week but here we go.

I was out last night at a going away party for my friend who is going to America. Everyone was having a few drinks, having a laugh. Then most of my friends left because they were in work this morning so I said to this guy that I've known for a few years that I'd walk home with him as the pub isn't that far from our houses.

All was good until he jumped me. He punched me in the face and started kicking me while I was on the ground. It only stopped when a taxi driver ran over and dragged me into his car. He brought me home and wouldn't take the money I offered him. My eye is badly swollen and bloodshot but I can't help but think it would've been much worse.

I just want to say Thank you to this amazing guy. I don't know who you are but I would just like to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart and I wish there were more people like you in this country.

Awful story OP - glad to hear you are alright but can I ask what the f**k made this guy you know a few years jump you?? That sounds crazy!!

23 people have thanked this post
martingriff Registered User

Good on the taxi driver a lot of people would have kept going as sometimes if it is a domestic the 2 can turn on you. Why did this guy who you knew for years go beserk. Are you going to report it or confront him (not on your own obviously)?

splashthecash said:

Awful story OP - glad to hear you are alright but can I ask what the f**k made this guy you know a few years jump you?? That sounds crazy!!

Hopefully he'll have enough time in prison to think about what he's done

WTF? What kind of freak was this guy? Hope you reported him and get his ass behind bars for 10+ years.

2 people have thanked this post
padd b1975 Registered User

Go to the police ASAP.

55 people have thanked this post
budgese Moderator

Thanks for a story that shows there are good people out there....

Unfortunately it also shows there are bad people out there

I'm glad you're ok OP - but surely you've gone to the police and give a statement before coming into AH to post a thread? You know this guy who attacked you?

1 person has thanked this post

Bit odd, this story

18 people have thanked this post
MagicMarker Banned

OP, maybe he thought you were going to give him a bit of teh ghey when you offered to walk him home?

14 people have thanked this post
Spunge Registered User

Guy youve known for a few years randomly starts kicking the **** out of you. What the fúck

13 people have thanked this post
the groutch Registered User

sounds like there's a vital chunk of the story missing.
someone you've known for years doesnt just randomly start beating the **** out of you, even if they've been drinking

54 people have thanked this post
Jesus Shaves Registered User

abouttobebanned said:
WTF? What kind of freak was this guy? Hope you reported him and get his ass behind bars for 10+ years.

What planet are you on? he'd be lucky to get any time behind bars

10 people have thanked this post

I suppose he's not invited to your 21st in July now?

Jesus OP, glad you're alright. What a nutcase.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!