dreamers75 Registered User

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20052012/58/ligue-1-montpellier-win-title-chaotic-finish.html

"Our only goal was to stay in the top flight and in the end we are champions. I'm going to enjoy it because it will probably be the only time it happens to me."

Kinda want to know what Remi Gaillard will do to celebrate

2 people have thanked this post
monkey9 Registered User

dreamers75 said:

A lot of pundits actually did predict Montpellier to be relegated this season. I've watched a fair bit of French football this season and i'm delighted to see them win the league.

Zaph Millionaire Oppressor

Pfft, I won about 6 league titles and 4 Champions Leagues with them in Football Manager.

Always good to see a new team winning a title, although I doubt that PSG's new owners will be too happy at not winning the league after the amount of money they've spent.

Grid. Hosted Moderator

That's a surprise!!!

Oat23 Registered User

Louis Nicollin became the Chairman in the mid-70s when Montpellier had dropped as far as the CFA and had amateur status. He eventually bought the whole club a few years later and and he is still there today as the sole shareholder. So congratulations to him!

Anyone but Bayern PSG

pickarooney Moderator

Delighted for them. Everyone should be happy that there are at least a few places where relative paupers can win titles with the right approach. Five different champions in five years and ten points separating the bottom club from the top half.

PSG can go die in a fire.

1 person has thanked this post
brianregan09 Registered User

At least Mvilla if he comes to Arsenal won't be moaning about winning trophies seen as he just done it already lol

brianregan09 said:
At least Mvilla if he comes to Arsenal won't be moaning about winning trophies seen as he just done it already lol

pretty sure that'll just make him more likely to moan tbh

Raekwon Registered User

brianregan09 said:

Yann M'Vila plays for Rennes who haven't won squat.

10 people have thanked this post
kitakyushu Registered User

I've liked them ever since Valderrama played for them.

stooge Registered User

nice to see ex-portsmouth player John Utaka doing well for himself.

He scored two goals in the final game of the season against Auxerre to come back from 1-0 down and win the title.

Guy:Incognito Registered User

pickarooney said:
and ten points separating the bottom club from the top half.

14 points .

Either way, stats can serve any purpose. Bolton were closer to the CL places (33points) than Caen (36).Onlf for Wolves and Blackburn being so bad this season the gap between half way and relegation would have been less than France. Bolton were only 11 point soff a top half finish.

brianregan09 Registered User

Ah crap my bad im getn him mixed up with belhanda is it

That_Guy Registered User

Nice to see them win it. Very refreshing. On the flip side, the relegation battle was mental. Before the days play, 8 teams were in danger of going down. Absolutely mental.

pickarooney Moderator

brianregan09 said:
Ah crap my bad im getn him mixed up with belhanda is it

No prizes for guess what his nickname will be the first time he mouths off in an interview in England.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!