Biker68 Registered User
#1

Location: India

I am travelling to India cycling through the India Himalayas.

Dates: 23/8/12 to 23/9/12

Type of route: Road and off road trail routes

Route: Leh to Manali and beyond

Distance: 600km +

myBike: Preference Mountain Bike hardtail- with single wheeled bike trailer. A 700cc touring bike is not suitable for the type of terrain.

Accommodation: Camping+ Hotels

No of people going: 2/3

If you have a month off, fancy cycling through the world's highest road and would like to join us then contact me for more details.

#2

the last time a fella asked me to do a similar trip, i went and spent about 2 grand on bike and gear then the b....rd went and changed his mind.

howardmarks Registered User
#3

feck sake lads said:
the last time a fella asked me to do a similar trip, i went and spent about 2 grand on bike and gear then the b....rd went and changed his mind.


You shoulda just went solo
Don't mean to thread spoil on the op but did u do much touring in the end?

#4

PatMcMahon said:
Location: India

I am travelling to India cycling through the India Himalayas.

Dates: 23/8/12 to 23/9/12

Type of route: Road and off road trail routes

Route: Leh to Manali and beyond

Distance: 600km +

myBike: Preference Mountain Bike hardtail- with single wheeled bike trailer. A 700cc touring bike is not suitable for the type of terrain.

Accommodation: Camping+ Hotels

No of people going: 2/3

If you have a month off, fancy cycling through the world's highest road and would like to join us then contact me for more details.


Funnily enough, I'm doing much the same route a week before you (in reverse), but going 'supported'. It may kill me. Had I read this post earlier today, I'd have considered going with you.

#5

howardmarks said:
You shoulda just went solo
Don't mean to thread spoil on the op but did u do much touring in the end?

sorry to the OP but i just had to comment , done a bit in france and the uk here in ireland as well and i'm heading off on tuesday mizen to malin.
so not a complete waste of money but a bloody lousy thing to do .
anyway it's done and dusted now.

1 person has thanked this post
lg123 Registered User
#6

Will the monsoon have passed by then?

I was in this region around late 09, it's a stunning stunning part of the world, if I don't make it back sometime I will be very disappointed.

If you go you won't regret it

Biker68 Registered User
#7

Yes the Monsoon should have passed by then.

My flights are all booked with KLM so no going back.

It's a region of the world I have always wanted to go to so looking forward to it especially the Zanskar Valley, ladakh region.

Thanks everyone for your reply.

Feck Sack Lads. Good Username... You should have sued that bloke who let you down.

#8

PatMcMahon said:
Yes the Monsoon should have passed by then.

My flights are all booked with KLM so no going back.

It's a region of the world I have always wanted to go to so looking forward to it especially the Zanskar Valley, ladakh region.

Thanks everyone for your reply.

Feck Sack Lads. Good Username... You should have sued that bloke who let you down.

best of luck with the trip sounds like a real adventure enjoy it boy.
no point in trying to sue as he would most certainly be able to wangle his way out of it

lg123 Registered User
#9

Throw some pics up here when you get back, should be a great trip.

1 person has thanked this post
Biker68 Registered User
#10

All places for this tour are now filled. Thanks for your interest. Will post pictures on return.

Biker68 Registered User
#11

reply to lg123 .....I have posted pictures of the trip on flikr. Amazing trip.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patbybike/sets/

Let me know what you think.

My next trip is to Iceland in March for a week and then July for a month on mainland Europe starting in Nice to Amsterdam and cycling all the way back to Dublin.

12 people have thanked this post
thebouldwhacker Registered User
#12

That looks amazing. What's the Iceland plan/ route?

#13

PatMcMahon said:
reply to lg123 .....I have posted pictures of the trip on flikr. Amazing trip.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patbybike/sets/

Let me know what you think.

My next trip is to Iceland in March for a week and then July for a month on mainland Europe starting in Nice to Amsterdam and cycling all the way back to Dublin.

wow what a trip fantastic, how many went and for how long .

lg123 Registered User
#14

Great trip and pics. Did you ever weigh your bike when fully loaded?

How many kms were you averaging per day?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!