dahamsta Banned

As has already been said in this thread, mobile phone companies aren't lenders, so they don't have access to credit reports and have to make decisions based on other information. And you can't be defamed to yourself. Your friend was talking out their hat.

1 person has thanked this post
Cyrus Registered User

jayjay2010 said:
Guys, I can confirm that the S3 will DEFINITELY be available on this deal, I will update you when prices become available.

I finally got my hands on a few vouchers if people want to PM me.

Pm sent

SQ2 Registered User

dahamsta said:
As has already been said in this thread, mobile phone companies aren't lenders, so they don't have access to credit reports and have to make decisions based on other information. And you can't be defamed to yourself. Your friend was talking out their hat.

She may have been misinformed, but she wasn't talking out of her headwear. She was unhappy (to say the least) that their employee had falsely accused her of having a poor credit history.

Col. Nathan R. Jessup Registered User

unklerosco said:
The selection of phones for the offer is the same as the normal emobile selection... You can see that on their website.https://secure.emobile.ie/app/path3plan-flow?execution=e1s3

On another topic.. There is something up with me being able to avail of this offer. My folks got the voucher in the post, I was able to use it. Applied for the offer but it was rejected on credit terms.. Makes no sense to me as I've been working the last 8yrs solid and have a decent credit history (not that they check it). Anyways, now they've disabled the voucher code so I can no longer make an application.

My only thinking is that emobile and meteor are the same company and my monthly bill is worth €100+ a month to meteor they don't want me to move from meteor as they can make more money off me that way.. Bit of a joke the way I've been treated.. Will be banging off another email over the weekend to see what the story is.

They're looking at the credit history linked to the voucher, which would be your folks history with eircom if its their code. Nothing else. They're not a bank.

DeepBlue Registered User

Sponge Bob said:
That is the biggest problem eMobile have...that and rural coverage....the staff is very pleasant but clueless and untrained.
So their reception outside towns and cities is crap? I would have assumed that they had at least as much coverage as meteor.

unklerosco Registered User

nm said:
They're looking at the credit history linked to the voucher, which would be your folks history with eircom if its their code. Nothing else. They're not a bank.

Still strikes me as odd, my folks have been with eircom since, well since before it was eircom. Never missed a bill etc. It just strikes me as odd....

Eoin Registered User

DeepBlue said:
So their reception outside towns and cities is crap? I would have assumed that they had at least as much coverage as meteor.

They are meteor so will have exactly the same coverage.

2 people have thanked this post
Lash_Alert Registered User

Got my HTC One X Yesterday. Very happy so far!

The gf is thinking about joining up, but is concerned the signal in her area may not be great. Anyone know their policy with returns on bill contract phones?

Thanks in advance

Eoin Registered User

Get a payg sim and just try it out.

ArtyM Registered User

Lash_Alert said:
Got my HTC One X Yesterday. Very happy so far!

The gf is thinking about joining up, but is concerned the signal in her area may not be great. Anyone know their policy with returns on bill contract phones?

Thanks in advance

There are a few days grace period during which you can cancel and return, as far as I understand.

BArra Registered User

Eoin said:
They are meteor so will have exactly the same coverage.

to throw a spanner in the works..

I was with meteor and swapped to emobile this week

reception at my home address with meteor was terrible, dropped calls, failed delivery of texts, unable to take calls in certain rooms. worst reception i ever had. it was extremely frustrating.

with emobile i have none of those issues, stable reception, clear calls

how is it better when on some level they are the same network? im not entirely sure

teddy b123 Registered User

BArra said:
to throw a spanner in the works..

I was with meteor and swapped to emobile this week

reception at my home address with meteor was terrible, dropped calls, failed delivery of texts, unable to take calls in certain rooms. worst reception i ever had. it was extremely frustrating.

with emobile i have none of those issues, stable reception, clear calls

how is it better when on some level they are the same network? im not entirely sure

They also have their own 3G network

Vertigo100 Registered User

PM sent although I am prob late to the party

Has anyone here got a spare voucher number?

Log-on Registered User

ive tried 3 account numbers of family and no joy, my contact just ended so will have no phone soon. if anybody has a spare one please let me know! other wise ill have to call and go back to three!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!