This month’s cover features a 26-year-old mother breastfeeding her three-year-old son. The mother, Jamie Lynne Grumet

"It's the wrong tit, Grumet.... and they've gone wrong"

1 person has thanked this post
Pushtrak Registered User

Weylin said:
wait until the guy is 16-18 ,he is going to get some slagging

He'll just have to make the breast of a bad situation.

dr.bollocko Moderator

It's the most natural food you can feed an infant.

I don't see the problem.

But sher whatever. Pass the kid a rusk or whatever other processed shoite they're trying to pass off as healthy these days in case a few ne'erdowells get offended.

17 people have thanked this post
forfuxsake Registered User

Off-topic but ironically women in Saudi Arabia openly breastfeed despite often being fully veiled.

Eggonyerface Registered User

Some people just prefer draught to bottle

2 people have thanked this post
My name is URL Registered User

That's a pretty piss poor attempt at a copy and paste

Also the Time cover is there to provoke a reaction. If it was a 3 yo that actually looked like a 3 year old there'd be no such reaction to it. Instead they made sure to get a much older looking kid, and stand him on a chair in order to reach sustenance! I doubt that's how she breastfeeds the kid at home.

It's a load of bollix really.

And I'd definitely suck on her tits.. what's weird about that?!

6 people have thanked this post
El_Dangeroso Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hunter-gatherers breastfeed their kids for minimum of 2 years and up to 5 years. This was likely the case for most of human evolution.

People who think that's weird have a problem.

It's only very recently where the done thing is breastfeed for 6 months then shove the child in a creche. Now that's weird.

19 people have thanked this post
mad m Registered User

That Chick should be in Slydice

My name is URL Registered User

Some of the reaction to this on Twitter is hilarious. People calling it sick & twisted without realising that they themselves are the ones sexualising what is a completely non-sexual relationship between a mother and her child.

If Freud were alive today he'd be sucking his own tit with excitement.

9 people have thanked this post

Weylin said:
wait until the guy is 16-18 ,he is going to get some slagging

He will be getting it long before that I reckon..

laoch na mona Registered User

why breastfeed once a child can eat?

michellie Registered User

That child is gona be so pissed off when he is older.

grindle Registered User

laoch na mona said:
why breastfeed once a child can eat?

Because it contains the precise nutrients a growing child needs to remain as healthy as possible?
I wouldn't expect anybody to do this, definitely not once teeth start mangling things (gums're bad enough), but this histrionic crowd-sourced disgust is so, so repulsively Victorian (not aimed at you, laoch).

No bloody way, my little fella has gums like razor blades, that's bad enough, would you chance teeth!

laoch na mona Registered User

grindle said:
Because it contains the precise nutrients a growing child needs to remain as healthy as possible?
I wouldn't expect anybody to do this, definitely not once teeth start mangling things (gums're bad enough), but this histrionic crowd-sourced disgust is so, so repulsively Victorian (not aimed at you, laoch).

I was looking at it from a biological view point
mammals wean their young once they can eat we are mammals

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!