RoboKlopp Registered User
#211

Utter scum those cops.

As bad as any scumbags tbh, worse actually as they are supposed to protect people.

#212

On Wednesday, Judge Walter Schwarm ruled that two Fullerton, California police officers — Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli — will have to stand trial in the death of a schizophrenic, homeless man, Kelly Thomas, after they mercilessly beat him for over nine minutes last year.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/11359-judge-sends-kelly-thomas-murder-case-to-trial It hurts to already know that these scumbags will get off. You may ask why I think they will be acquitted.. well the reason this will probably be the case is because higher heads in this sad department in Fullerton will make it a priority to.

I hope Justice will be done but I doubt it, as the whole state is so corrupt.

6 people have thanked this post
Patrick2010 Registered User
#213

zenno said:
On Wednesday, Judge Walter Schwarm ruled that two Fullerton, California police officers — Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli — will have to stand trial in the death of a schizophrenic, homeless man, Kelly Thomas, after they mercilessly beat him for over nine minutes last year.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/11359-judge-sends-kelly-thomas-murder-case-to-trial It hurts to already know that these scumbags will get off. You may ask why I think they will be acquitted.. well the reason this will probably be the case is because higher heads in this sad department in Fullerton will make it a priority to.

I hope Justice will be done but I doubt it, as the whole state is so corrupt.


From the article...

The defense attorneys hope to make the case that it was in fact the medics who treated Thomas that caused his death.

2 people have thanked this post
#214

Patrick2010 said:
From the article...

The defense attorneys hope to make the case that it was in fact the medics who treated Thomas that caused his death.


ahh for fcuk sake, I give up, what will they come up with next.

I can smell riots if this is not taken care of in a professional manner.

Murderers... They actually look like ex-convicts, how Ironic.

They will always look after the group within the group and it is in actual fact a code of honour within every police department in the U.S. Even if the cops are bad, no-one within this force will rat. ...Problem number 1.

ziggy23 Registered User
#215

Jesus I hope to **** they don't get away with this This has been playing on my mind the past few days. I just can't get the poor man and his screams out of my head

3 people have thanked this post
#216

Well it just shows that even his mother can be bribed. His mother took the payoff and can not now proceed with anything in future.

A unanimous vote by Fullerton city council members Tuesday granted the mother of a mentally ill homeless man who died after a violent confrontation with police a $1 million settlement with the city, officials said.

In exchange, Cathy Thomas agreed to not pursue any further claims or lawsuits seeking damages for the July 2011 death of her son, Kelly, according to a statement released Tuesday.

Both officers were ordered to stand trial on all charges in the death of Kelly Thomas. They are scheduled to appear in court on May 22.

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Kelly-Thomas-Fullerton-Police-Beating-Death-Ron-Thomas-Mother-Settlement-151651455.html

http://www.ocregister.com/news/thomas-354394-settlement-court.html

2 people have thanked this post
steddyeddy Registered User
#217

zenno said:
Well it just shows that even his mother can be bribed. His mother took the payoff and can not now proceed with anything in future.

A unanimous vote by Fullerton city council members Tuesday granted the mother of a mentally ill homeless man who died after a violent confrontation with police a $1 million settlement with the city, officials said.

In exchange, Cathy Thomas agreed to not pursue any further claims or lawsuits seeking damages for the July 2011 death of her son, Kelly, according to a statement released Tuesday.

Both officers were ordered to stand trial on all charges in the death of Kelly Thomas. They are scheduled to appear in court on May 22.

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Kelly-Thomas-Fullerton-Police-Beating-Death-Ron-Thomas-Mother-Settlement-151651455.html

http://www.ocregister.com/news/thomas-354394-settlement-court.html


When cops batter innocent men the word officer no longer applies.

3 people have thanked this post
#218

steddyeddy said:
When cops batter innocent men the word officer no longer applies.


They are just Bad to the Bone. I will be monitoring this trial but it will be 2/3 months before we hear a verdict.

I ponder on this case and I am thinking as to the security of the jury ? well think of it, in a small state like Fullerton California i'm sure the Fullerton police can/will threaten any member of the jury into a not Guilty verdict, as i said i'm just pondering...

I just hope that after 2/3 months when the trial ends that people here and in the United States will remember this. These two nutcases have to be done, we all seen the solid proof, A few months to go so time out till the verdict.

1 person has thanked this post
#219

FULLERTON – The two Fullerton police officers facing charges in the death of Kelly Thomas have received letters from the acting police chief saying he has decided to fire them from the department.

Source: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/thomas-355823-officers-ramos.html

5 people have thanked this post
shampoosuicide Registered User
#220

Bambi said:
Violent scene is shocking shock

How not to get beaten up by de coppers 101:

Do: comply with lawful directions.

Don't: tell them your sick of being told what to do and then run off


jesus christ.

i genuinely hope you experience some police brutality some day.

Mod note:user banned

#221

They are dragging this on so far as to make most people forget it ever happened, well that's not going to happen.

Until January 18th. They have to go down.

Source: http://www.ocregister.com/news/thomas-379238-fullerton-defense.html

By LARRY WELBORN and VIK JOLLY / THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER SANTA ANA – A hearing on a defense motion to dismiss charges against two former Fullerton police officers accused of beating a mentally ill homeless man to death in July 2011 was postponed Friday at the request of defense attorneys.

Orange County Superior Court Judge William Froeberg delayed the hearing until Jan. 18 after defense attorneys John Barnett and Michael Schwartz filed a request for a continuance to prepare additional legal briefs.

Barnett represents former Fullerton policeman Manuel Ramos, 38, who in September 2011 became the first police officer in Orange County history to be charged with murder for an incident that occurred while on duty and in uniform. He faces a possible 15-year term in prison if convicted of second-degree murder for the death of Kelly Thomas.


Thomas' father, Ron Thomas, asked Froeberg to give his son his day in court, saying 14 months had passed since the policemen were charged.
"In the interest of my son, sir," he asked, "that we move ahead in a speedy manner.

2 people have thanked this post
Makikomi Moderator
#222

zenno said:
They are dragging this on so far as to make most people forget it ever happened, well that's not going to happen.


I doubt they're hoping people forget.. No doubt just like here a prosecution can take a long time to come to trial.

I'm waiting almost two years for a trail date to be set for an assault I was a witness to, a man was glassed in the head in a bar.. This is one of a few I'm waiting for, its a long process.

I also get where Bambi is coming from!.

People here think they're desensitized to witnessing violence, what they mean is they're used to watching a lot of youtube clips but that every once in a whle they come across one which is worse, more graphic than all the others.. Probably close to 99% of people here haven't seen a violent incident since a school yard fight back in the day.

Some people are very, very violent and almost have to be beaten within an inch of their lives before they'll stop fighting.. Unfortunately in this case the someone died and people are being brought to account for it.

The fact that the man is homeless and a little touched doesn't mean a thing when he's uncooperative.

Pity he died. Poor man, it was an horrific way to die.

Patrick2010 Registered User
#223

Makikomi said:
I doubt they're hoping people forget.. No doubt just like here a prosecution can take a long time to come to trial.

I'm waiting almost two years for a trail date to be set for an assault I was a witness to, a man was glassed in the head in a bar.. This is one of a few I'm waiting for, its a long process.

I also get where Bambi is coming from!.

People here think they're desensitized to witnessing violence, what they mean is they're used to watching a lot of youtube clips but that every once in a whle they come across one which is worse, more graphic than all the others.. Probably close to 99% of people here haven't seen a violent incident since a school yard fight back in the day.

Some people are very, very violent and almost have to be beaten within an inch of their lives before they'll stop fighting.. Unfortunately in this case the someone died and people are being brought to account for it.

The fact that the man is homeless and a little touched doesn't mean a thing when he's uncooperative.

Pity he died. Poor man, it was an horrific way to die.


Did you actually watch the video?, at what point did the poor victim in the case fight the cops?. I haven't watched the video in months but I can still remember the poor guys screams as they sat on him.

3 people have thanked this post
Makikomi Moderator
#224

Patrick2010 said:
Did you actually watch the video?, at what point did the poor victim in the case fight the cops?. I haven't watched the video in months but I can still remember the poor guys screams as they sat on him.


Yup looked it at he resisted arrest from the start. In fact the cops body language prior to things turning violent makes me believe he knew the man had the potential for violence.

I've seen people beat worse and live.

The screams don't bother me, people scream all the time.

1 person has thanked this post
#225

Makikomi said:
Yup looked it at, I've seen people beat worse and live.

The screams don't bother me, people scream all the time.


Those slavers convicted in court yesterday apparently did a lot of screaming too.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!