not yet Registered User
#1

Thinking of renting in Kilcock in the next few months. Married couple in 40s. Whats available, what price, what estates are quitest( fewer children the better) not interested in apartment living.

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions good-bad etc.

Already checked out commute to work etc.

Cheers.

STForSale Registered User
#2

Abbeyfield, Royal Meadows and Bakers Walk are most central and an easy walk to the bus stop or train station. Important as parking can be tricky.
Brayton Park and Rye Bridge also woth a look but a bit further out of town.

A lot of young families in Kilcock so the kids thing might be your biggest problem......

Best of luck with the move!

not yet Registered User
#3

STForSale said:
Abbeyfield, Royal Meadows and Bakers Walk are most central and an easy walk to the bus stop or train station. Important as parking can be tricky.
Brayton Park and Rye Bridge also woth a look but a bit further out of town.

A lot of young families in Kilcock so the kids thing might be your biggest problem......

Best of luck with the move!


Cheers for that...

Didn't mean to sound like I hated kids ha ha, just been there done that etc and looking for a little peace and quite.

STForSale Registered User
#4

not yet said:
Cheers for that...

Didn't mean to sound like I hated kids ha ha, just been there done that etc and looking for a little peace and quite.

Ah, peace and quiet, I remember that. As someone who has kids I completley understand! You looking for 2,3 or 4 Bed?

not yet Registered User
#5

STForSale said:
Ah, peace and quiet, I remember that. As someone who has kids I completley understand! You looking for 2,3 or 4 Bed?


Just me and the wife, so two bed would be fine. Leaving a two bed apartment in clonee, just going to rent that and move out just a little. Jesus apartment living is not for anyone over 30.

STForSale Registered User
#6

not yet said:
Just me and the wife, so two bed would be fine. Leaving a two bed apartment in clonee, just going to rent that and move out just a little. Jesus apartment living is not for anyone over 30.

Tis hard to hide in an apartment alright .
No 2 beds in abbeyfield or royal meadows but bakers walk, rye bridge and brayton park do. Lots of 2 beds in chambers park also but personally I don't like this development.

not yet Registered User
#7

STForSale said:
Tis hard to hide in an apartment alright .
No 2 beds in abbeyfield or royal meadows but bakers walk, rye bridge and brayton park do. Lots of 2 beds in chambers park also but personally I don't like this development.

Yeah looked on daft and they seem to be all on top of each other. If it meant going a little extra I wouldn't mind. In general what the town like i.e pubs, walks, restaurants etc.

STForSale Registered User
#8

Yeah, high density, houses are too small and it’s a long walk to the village

M4 motorway is on your doorstep as is a train station and reasonably good bus service.

The village caters for most things apart from the weekly grocery shop which takes us to Maynooth.

Couple of Centra's, a tesco express and a few local shops.
GAA, soccer and athletics clubs.
5 or 6 Pubs although I have only been in 3 of them, and Greg's would be the pick.

For walking the sli na slaine along the canal banks and donadea forest park are close by. I prefer Casletown Park in Celbridge which is a 10 minute drive.
Restaurant wise, 2 Chinese, both very good, one europen and a few takeways. O'Keefe's also do pub food.
Maynooth is 5 minutes up the road and is foodie heaven by all accounts.

Hope this helps and a few other locals come along to balance things out!

not yet Registered User
#9

STForSale said:
Yeah, high density, houses are too small and it’s a long walk to the village

M4 motorway is on your doorstep as is a train station and reasonably good bus service.

The village caters for most things apart from the weekly grocery shop which takes us to Maynooth.

Couple of Centra's, a tesco express and a few local shops.
GAA, soccer and athletics clubs.
5 or 6 Pubs although I have only been in 3 of them, and Greg's would be the pick.

For walking the sli na slaine along the canal banks and donadea forest park are close by. I prefer Casletown Park in Celbridge which is a 10 minute drive.
Restaurant wise, 2 Chinese, both very good, one europen and a few takeways. O'Keefe's also do pub food.
Maynooth is 5 minutes up the road and is foodie heaven by all accounts.

Hope this helps and a few other locals come along to balance things out!

bRILLIANT...

I've checked out loads of community blogs etc etc and most comments seem positive. Reckon it will be 30min to Ballyfermot (work) max, The wife will get the train(seems a good service) other then that we hope to move in the next couple of months.

SQ2 Registered User
#10

STForSale said:
Yeah, high density, houses are too small and it’s a long walk to the village

M4 motorway is on your doorstep as is a train station and reasonably good bus service.

The village caters for most things apart from the weekly grocery shop which takes us to Maynooth.

Couple of Centra's, a tesco express and a few local shops.
GAA, soccer and athletics clubs.
5 or 6 Pubs although I have only been in 3 of them, and Greg's would be the pick.

For walking the sli na slaine along the canal banks and donadea forest park are close by. I prefer Casletown Park in Celbridge which is a 10 minute drive.
Restaurant wise, 2 Chinese, both very good, one europen and a few takeways. O'Keefe's also do pub food.
Maynooth is 5 minutes up the road and is foodie heaven by all accounts.

Hope this helps and a few other locals come along to balance things out!


Rented in Rybridge before and now living in Chambers Park where the quality of the build is far superior. Listening to next door going for a wee in Ryebridge isn't missed! They've got Pyrite problems there now too. Chambers Park and Royal Meadows are grand and close to town too. House Sat in Brayton Park and they were really nice houses tbh.
Gregory Tavern is a decent spot alright, most likely to find live music there.
The Lion would be a mostly local pub, Murphys bar would be too, the lounge cosy 80's style is grand for a blow in! O'Keeffe's used to be way busier a few years back, the grub in there is very nice.
2 Chinese that seem to be doing ok, then Bleu restaurant which is newest and the food is decent enough. 2 Cafe's that are very nice too, Rye River does lovely evening food.
The train is expensive compared with Maynooth. Kilcock has taken a lot of newcomers on board in recent years so there'd be no problem fitting in. Plenty of sports clubs to get involved in, Good festival activity at the end of June.
No idea of what rentals are I'm afraid, but I could answer most other questions for you!

not yet Registered User
#11

SQ2 said:
Rented in Rybridge before and now living in Chambers Park where the quality of the build is far superior. Listening to next door going for a wee in Ryebridge isn't missed! They've got Pyrite problems there now too. Chambers Park and Royal Meadows are grand and close to town too. House Sat in Brayton Park and they were really nice houses tbh.
Gregory Tavern is a decent spot alright, most likely to find live music there.
The Lion would be a mostly local pub, Murphys bar would be too, the lounge cosy 80's style is grand for a blow in! O'Keeffe's used to be way busier a few years back, the grub in there is very nice.
2 Chinese that seem to be doing ok, then Bleu restaurant which is newest and the food is decent enough. 2 Cafe's that are very nice too, Rye River does lovely evening food.
The train is expensive compared with Maynooth. Kilcock has taken a lot of newcomers on board in recent years so there'd be no problem fitting in. Plenty of sports clubs to get involved in, Good festival activity at the end of June.
No idea of what rentals are I'm afraid, but I could answer most other questions for you!


Very helpful thanks a million........

E39MSport Registered User
#12

Ryebridge is tormented with burglaries and car theft.

STForSale Registered User
#13

SQ2 said:
They've got Pyrite problems there now too.
Hadn't heard that, nothing on the web either, do you have a source, a neighbour is considering moving up there.

1 person has thanked this post
SQ2 Registered User
#14

SQ2 said:
They've got Pyrite problems there now too.
Hadn't heard that, nothing on the web either, do you have a source, a neighbour is considering moving up there.

Yeah, a mate lives there and his house is affected unfortunately.

1 person has thanked this post
E39MSport Registered User
#15

Also my brother. Some much worse than others. They are all joining in some class action or similar. Homebond don't want to know.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!