horse7 Registered User
#1

Can one remain with the same employer for a year.( i know in australia its a max of 6 months with the same employer)

20260622 Registered User
#2

Yes you can remain with the one employer for the duration of your WHV

pclancy Moderator
#3

I thought it was up to six months when I came here in 2008 but looking through the WHV page I see no restrictions any more which is cool.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/irelandworkingholidayscheme.htm

zweton Registered User
#4

Thats pretty cool if thats the case, i was looking to do the under 35 BUNAC visa for NZ next year. I am in Auz now but in order for me to get the visa i need to send my passport to the UK office to get it processsed.
I was thinking of sending it home to my sister via currier and get her to do if for me? Does this sound dodge?
Will the fact that my passport has an Oz stamp stop them from processing my visa do you think?

Cheers

spunkymunky Registered User
#5

I knew a girl when i lived in Australia and she did the exact same thing. You will have to send your passport to Ireland (if youre Irish) as you can only apply for a bunac visa from the country you passport was issued from, ie you must be “Living” in Ireland.
She had no problems. Its took a while, like 2 months, So make sure you have the time on your Auz visa. Also you will be in Auz with no passport!
Are you under 30? Why not just apply for a normal WHV in NZ?

zweton Registered User
#6

spunkymunky said:
I knew a girl when i lived in Australia and she did the exact same thing. You will have to send your passport to Ireland (if youre Irish) as you can only apply for a bunac visa from the country you passport was issued from, ie you must be “Living” in Ireland.
She had no problems. Its took a while, like 2 months, So make sure you have the time on your Auz visa. Also you will be in Auz with no passport!
Are you under 30? Why not just apply for a normal WHV in NZ?


No im over 30, i could get my sister to do it for me back home. Only thing is will they be able to see my entry stamp to Auz? I wont have an exit stamp! Would that make a difference?

El Duninho Registered User
#7

I think the only restriction is that you do not take on a Full Time Permanent Position. So you could take a 12 month contract with the one employer (or monnthly rolling contracts).

Immigration in New Zealand is very lax compared to Aus

spunkymunky Registered User
#8

zweton said:
No im over 30, i could get my sister to do it for me back home. Only thing is will they be able to see my entry stamp to Auz? I wont have an exit stamp! Would that make a difference?


My friend did the same thing. Sent her passport from Aus, while in Aus. She did not have an exit stamp. There was no problems.
I dont have an exit stamp form Aus as i left before my visa ran out (suppose im saying you dont always get one). If they ask just spin a yarn about no work or family stuff. You planned to go back but couldnt afford it.

#9

Hi just wondering about the work situation over in NZ for someone on a whv? Thinking of heading over as I missed out on the Canadian whv for this year.i have experience in retail,kitchen work and construction labouring but would work at anything to keep meself funded!

pclancy Moderator
#10

Take a look at the job section on www.trademe.co.nz there does seem to be casual and contract work.

1 person has thanked this post
spunkymunky Registered User
#11

emigrate2012 said:
Hi just wondering about the work situation over in NZ for someone on a whv? Thinking of heading over as I missed out on the Canadian whv for this year.i have experience in retail,kitchen work and construction labouring but would work at anything to keep meself funded!


Depends where you want to go here. Casual jobs in Queenstown right now (and for the next 3 months) i would say zero. Elsewhere in the country probably more chance. Christchurch would have a fair few construction jobs but it shakes a lot.
Generally id say you'll be fine to get work here, just a little bit of persistence and dedication required.
You could check out Seek.co.nz aswell for work.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!