Jimmy Iovine Registered User

Lemlin said:
The other happy thing (well for me anyway) is that most of the teams I've had a gander at have Arsenal defenders who are sitting on 0 points. Although I'm not expecting my own defence of Kompany, Terry and Kelly to excel either.

I had three players last week in my defence who let in 12 goals between them. I'm well used to the disappointment of 0 points at this stage.

1 person has thanked this post
mailburner Registered User

carlcon said:
I'm sure most who captained them would happily swap to RVP now if they got a chance. I know I would.

i certainly would
expecting at least a goal off rooney tomorrow
the two above me had rvp and the lad in 4th who
was 20 behind me had rvp of course
it could have been special

i could have got both rvp and rooney in but i couldnt drop
cisse and no way would i drop jelavic
had to get in hibbert as evans is doubt, caulker will concede plenty
and sick to the teeth of skrtel so got rid of my regular 0-2pointer

Thanos Registered User

Decided before the deadline to only make the one transfer Sig out, Moses in.
Had thought of Verm but decided not to, glad i chickened out of that one, and the captain to RVP seems to have worked out also.

1 played, 20 points (with maybe a bonus or two) very happy with that.
Now if I could have a Rooney no show that would just be peachy!

roryc Registered User

Finally got a captain choice right. Verm gets me nothing but at least I didn't panic buy and swap out Cahill for another Arsenal defender.

Not expecting much from Terry + Simpson/Caulker. Could do with Rooney and Jelavic having very quiet games...

iroced said:
Who could get the assist for RVP 3rd goal? Not been given yet.

Hopefully Van Persie himself. Considering their BPs for the Fulham match I wouldn't be surprised.

Sagna has a broken leg. Terrible for the chap with it happening just before the Euros.

carlcon Registered User

It's actually a re-break of a previously broken bone. Which makes it that much worse, I believe.

Unless you believe it's a coincidence, that pretty much tells us he never fully recovered from last break, and will now take longer to recover this time with all the precautions they'll now be taking.

But I'm speaking as someone with a very basic knowledge of breaks. Hopefully I'm wrong.

GOALArsenal 3-2 Norwich - Robin van Persie (80 mins)
Arsenal have done it! Robin van Persie has done it! Two goals in eight minutes see the Gunners turn this around to put themselves back in the Champions League driving seat. Tomas Rosicky's pass forward breaks kindly for the Dutchman in the box and he slides a shot under John Ruddy and in. He really is Arsenal's talisman. He is now level with Theirry Henry's club record of 30 Premier League goals of the season. that last one could be his most important. It is so cruel on Norwich, though, who have been magnificent.

Following bbc football on mobile, thought i had an assist here with rosy but see that he only got one for the beny goal. Didnt see pers goal but was it an assist for rosy?

thewools Registered User

Maggie
GOALArsenal 3-2 Norwich - Robin van Persie (80 mins)
Arsenal have done it! Robin van Persie has done it! Two goals in eight minutes see the Gunners turn this around to put themselves back in the Champions League driving seat. Tomas Rosicky's pass forward breaks kindly for the Dutchman in the box and he slides a shot under John Ruddy and in. He really is Arsenal's talisman. He is now level with Theirry Henry's club record of 30 Premier League goals of the season. that last one could be his most important. It is so cruel on Norwich, though, who have been magnificent.

Following bbc football on mobile, thought i had an assist here with rosy but see that he only got one for the beny goal. Didnt see pers goal but was it an assist for rosy?

Rosy passed to the ox who got the assist by passing the ball off a Norwich defender in the box..

So the ox will get it..

Lemlin Registered User

Fowler87 said:
Gwan RVP! Never in doubt

Fairly hairy 65 minutes until he showd his worth. Should get the 3 bonus too.

Vermaelen had a shocker. Can't have it all my way I guess!

Hernandez and Jelavic should do well for me tomorrow. Hernandez is a little gamble but he should get something.

I think and hope you were right to back Hernandez. How Fergie plays Wellbeck ahead of him is beyond me.

A quiet game from Rooney would be great. I'm also hoping Tevez grabs at least one.

FutureGuy Moderator

Lemlin said:
I think and hope you were right to back Hernandez. How Fergie plays Wellbeck ahead of him is beyond me.

A quiet game from Rooney would be great. I'm also hoping Tevez grabs at least one.

I just don't fancy Rooney to score 4 points more than Hernandez if both start. He plays a bit deeper when Hernandez plays and so I think Hernandez might find himself in the best position. Also, if United get a penalty, Vorm is just the man to save it. It is a gamble though as Rooney have scored 13 points before by playing poorly.

However, I had a dream midweek that Berbatov starts and scores the first two

My main rival had RVP as captain too so still 42 ahead.

grohlisagod Registered User

I badly need Rooney to deliver tomorrow. Let's hope United take the goal difference seriously and don't just throw in the towel if City win.

Lemlin Registered User

4th in the Boards league before today's games. I won't be staying there so I'm taking screenshots now!

3 people have thanked this post
FatRat Registered User

I just noticed I started Miyaichi this week. I don't know if I was drunk or half asleep when I made this decision but I do know one thing.

I'm a f*cking retard.

4 people have thanked this post
KevIRL Registered User

Lemlin said:
4th in the Boards league before today's games. I won't be staying there so I'm taking screenshots now!

lol, do you reckon the guy who's number 1 overall for this gameweek - 6 points from yesterdays match (but a 28 point hit) will be doing the same?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!