pugw said:
What type of winchester cartridges are they? Are they the ones with the long brass part on the cas?

they are winchester universal short brass its actually a silver colour there not the westerns but ive found them very good

Remember the red ones with long brass that came in boxes of 10 ?? Havent seen them in a long long time. Best cartridges I ever bought I reckon

1 person has thanked this post

rabbit assassin said:
Remember the red ones with long brass that came in boxes of 10 ?? Havent seen them in a long long time. Best cartridges I ever bought I reckon
got a box from a farmer last year no. 4s, he had em years

Invincible Registered User

rabbit assassin said:

http://www.semperfisupply.com/main/winchester36.jpg

Winchester Superspeed

garv123 Registered User

I use eley supergame 32g six last year on phessies and found them good.
USed them on a few crows too.

I'm going to try and get a 32g 7 for next season to give more of a spread for the first shot.

32g 7 32g 6 and if it comes to it 34g 5 is what i hope to be using next year.

pugw Registered User

rabbit assassin said:

I nkow there was a thread on them a while back, but what is the deal can they be got anymore, havent used them for years i remember they were good but tricky to get into the belt though!

ferrete Registered User

I use 32g 7s (velox) I think brilliant but use 36 r 38g 5 r 4 for ducks

ferrete said:
I use 32g 7s (velox) I think brilliant but use 36 r 38g 5 r 4 for ducks

Are they not a bit overkill? I find 34g 5 more than enough

rsole1 Registered User

Remington shureshot 32gm 7's at 3 cartons (750) €90. No it's no joke that's the sort of deal you'll get at Scully's Athlone. Wednesday or Thursday is best as the fella on those days is keen to deal. The only reason I'm telling you is I don't want / need anymore.

Fairly sure the place is closing down - even though they deny it - but why would you sell for lees than you're buying it in?

richiedel123 Registered User

rsole1 said:
Remington shureshot 32gm 7's at 3 cartons (750) €90. No it's no joke that's the sort of deal you'll get at Scully's Athlone. Wednesday or Thursday is best as the fella on those days is keen to deal. The only reason I'm telling you is I don't want / need anymore.

Fairly sure the place is closing down - even though they deny it - but why would you sell for lees than you're buying it in?

Was it lately you bought these? I was there last week looking for bullets and never taught about asking about shells

terminator2 Registered User

Remmington 32g no6 best cartridge.......fact

meathstevie Registered User

Gamebore or Sipe 32g 6's for all my shotgun shooting. They're grand for pigeons, pheasant, rabbit, crows etc etc. I don't really bother with any heavier stuff unless it's on the off chance of encountering a fox.

rabbit assassin said:

hi winchester western was the shells the were some of the best ever for bird shooting

Invincible Registered User

rabbit assassin said:

hi winchester western was the shells the were some of the best ever for bird shooting

No, they weren't,he said the ones with the long brass,which were Superspeed.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!