TeddyTedson Registered User

People seem to have a very negative view of the Germans.
I've often heard Irish people call them boring. But anyone who's lived there will tell you this is far from the truth.
They tend to be quite good at their jobs and take it seriously, but as soon as they're finished work they become very active. They'll be doing activities right through the week after work. Not just lounging around the house watching TV.
Also, the women seem to be able to have plenty of one night stands and not get called whores, which is a delight, perhaps.
They also have great diets.
Even their beer has very strict brewing laws. You won't find the mad chemicals you find in most beers in any German beer.
Anyway, I just think they're a great bunch of lads (and lassies).
What are boardies experiences and opinions of ze Germans?

98 people have thanked this post
Bipolar Joe Registered User

I dig them. Played there. Good craic.

Don't mention the war

30 people have thanked this post
El Weirdo Registered User

Godwin in 5... 4... 3...

15 people have thanked this post
cml387 Registered User

TeddyTedson said:
People seem to have a very negative view of the Germans.
I've often heard Irish people call them boring. But anyone who's lived there will tell you this is far from the truth.
They tend to be quite good at their jobs and take it seriously, but as soon as they're finished work they become very active. They'll be doing activities right through the week after work. Not just lounging around the house watching TV.
Also, the women seem to be able to have plenty of one night stands and not get called whores, which is a delight, perhaps.
They also have great diets.
Even their beer has very strict brewing laws. You won't find the mad chemicals you find in most beers in any German beer.
Anyway, I just think they're a great bunch of lads (and lassies).
What are boardies experiences and opinions of ze Germans?

I belive they are a hardworking race which makes it an unusual fact that the only German who worked in our place was the laziest sod on God's good earth.

4 people have thanked this post

El Weirdo said:
Godwin in 5... 4... 3...

zwei, eins...NAZI!!!!

26 people have thanked this post

I worked in Bavaria for a year- the last thing I found them was Boring. Party animals, yep, gorgeous women, yep, brilliant lifestyle, yep. An awful lot of beer, yep but also an awful lot of skiing, shooting, and swimming.

8 people have thanked this post

Went there on holidays once,stayed in Pascha Hotel for three days in Cologne. Very helpful obliging staff, if a tad expensive.

cml387 Registered User

They know what Vorsprung Durch Technik means.

They have words like schadenfreude and zetgeist which have no english equivalent.
And what about Nena and her red balloons?

6 people have thanked this post
biko Arbiter

I prefer The Dutch.

6 people have thanked this post
golden lane Registered User

cml387 said:
They know what Vorsprung Durch Technik means.

They have words like schadenfreude and zetgeist which have no english equivalent.
And what about Nena and her red balloons?

they have words like that in dublin....

We had a Kris Kindle in the office

We have a German team leader and some smart ass got him an orange Dutch football scarf
It's just what some lads do, mess up the Kris Kindle

Jaysus, he was highly insulted
I wasn't aware the Dutch and Germans didn't get on

He didn't like the Turks either for some reason

cml387 Registered User

biko said:
I prefer The Dutch.

The Dutch always arrive before dinner without any gifts.

11 people have thanked this post

biko said:
I prefer The Dutch.

Jij Klootzac

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!