Hmm I just ordered the any pizza any size €9.99 deal.....I thought it sounded like a great deal!....But then they slap on €3.00 delivery charge ( they normally do free delivery for purchases over €10) in total for a pizza and a lousy box of chips i payed €15.50 (after they slapped the tax on also).....

RIP OFF

2 people have thanked this post
jack presley Moderator

brian26w said:
Hmm I just ordered the any pizza any size €9.99 deal.....I thought it sounded like a great deal!....But then they slap on €3.00 delivery charge ( they normally do free delivery for purchases over €10) in total for a pizza and a lousy box of chips i payed €15.50 (after they slapped the tax on also).....

RIP OFF

I jut got 2 pizzas for €20 with no delivery charge (Dublin 15)

Del2005 Registered User

brian26w said:

RIP OFF

What size did you order? I got their biggest pizza for 13 Euro a few days ago, it should have been 22ish. It does say that there will be a delivery charge on the menu.

Edit.

What tax?

Ok the delivery charge seems to be at their discretion (I ordered from D11).....Normally they dont charge for delivery over €10 so if you order more with the pizza I thought maybe that would apply, I think it could have been clearer though!

Here`s the invoice I received:

lala88 Banned

brian26w said:

RIP OFF

How is it a rip off? They say theres a delivery charge if its under €10, €9.99 is under €10 is it not?

It was over €10

bbsrs Registered User

brian26w said:

RIP OFF

Pizza in ireland and the UK is rip off anyways plus its sh?t. Like in Italy a proper freshly made pizza in a normal pizza place is 4 to 5 euro takeaway , all the way up to 8 if you eat in a restaurant.

peteypop Registered User

Ill think you will find that the deal is for 4 toppings which includes cheese, so you were charged for 2 extra toppings and there was no delivery charge.

1 person has thanked this post

bbsrs said:
Pizza in ireland and the UK is rip off anyways plus its sh?t. Like in Italy a proper freshly made pizza in a normal pizza place is 4 to 5 euro takeaway , all the way up to 8 if you eat in a restaurant.

I know exactly what ya mean, .I had pizza in Sorento and i`ve never had anything like it since!

I reckon the best pizza over here is probably mizzonis (I dont work for them by the way....and probably just as well coz i`d be one fat mofo if I did)

peteypop said:
Ill think you will find that the deal is for 4 toppings which includes cheese, so you were charged for 2 extra toppings and there was no delivery charge.

I think you`ll find that the deal is for "any pizza any size"

mmmmm... pizza

peteypop Registered User

brian26w said:
I think you`ll find that the deal is for "any pizza any size"

http://www.apache.ie/menu.htm

i think you should read the small print then.

peteypop said:
http://www.apache.ie/menu.htm

i think you should read the small print then.

If they advertise "ANY PIZZA" only €9.99 in bold writing when it fact they dont mean ANY pizza, then they are just bigger a-holes in my view

It is any pizza, any size €10, no matter how many pizzas you order, there should only be one delivery charge. It shouldnt be included in the price of the pizza, it should be shown seperately. If this was not the case, report the store to Apache Head office.

ETA: Here's their feedback page, try lodging a complaint there first.

the_syco Registered User

brian26w said:
Here`s the invoice I received:

You got a €13.00 pizza, and a €2.50 bag of chips, of which the total is €15.50.

They also show you how much tax you've spent, as opposed to charging you extra tax. Finally, it doesn't mention a delivery charge.

It would seem that you didn't get the €9.99 deal. If you had, and they had slapped a €3 delivery charge, it would have been €12.99, but it's not, it's €13.00 so it seems you are incorrect.

/edit
As someone has said, the deal is for a max of 4 toppings. You selected five toppings, so the deal price no longer applies to your pizza.

DO NOT MIX UP SIZE AND TOPPINGS, as this is what you have done.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!