freestyla said:
Something fun for dry track days

FERRARI FORMULA 1 RACE CAR ORIGINAL 1991 SCUDERIA RACED by JEAN ALESI

US $975,000.00

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FERRARI-FORMULAR-1-RACE-CAR-ORIGINAL1991-SCUDERIA-FERRAR-F1-RACED-JEAN-ALESI-/160789887039?pt=Race_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_&hash=item256fd2f83f

Maybe Jordan191 is interested? beautiful early 90s car..

I wonder will it pass the NCT? I wouldn't mind taking it for a test drive either before I buy it.

freestyla said:

For family track days actually looks awful.. like some sort of mutant of single seater and chinese multihead dragon props

Handy for bringing the kids to school

Jordan 199 Registered User

freestyla said:

For family track days actually looks awful.. like some sort of mutant of single seater and chinese multihead dragon props

Lol. Arrows weren't the only team to have a 3 seater car. Ferrari & Renault had them too.

1 person has thanked this post
Mickey H Registered User

Jordan 191 said:
Lol. Arrows weren't the only team to have a 3 seater car. Ferrari & Renault had them too.

Thanks for this Jordan. I knew of 2 seater F1s but not 3 seaters. They look really nice, but they'd be useless for Q3 with all that extra weight.

Mickey H said:
Thanks for this Jordan. I knew of 2 seater F1s but not 3 seaters. They look really nice, but they'd be useless for Q3 with all that extra weight.

You're welcome Mr. H

McLaren were the first team to have a 2 seater car, followed by Minardi and Arrows.

BenMicheal Registered User

In fairness tho, if you had a milion to spend on an F1 car - The Alesi's Ferrari probably wouldnt be top of your list tho?

If I were to buy an ex-F1 Ferrari then it would be this baby - a year before the one posted by the OP

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/28/alain-prosts-fated-ferrari-641-2-f1-car-under-the-hammer-at-mar/

I saw this particular car race at Silverstone and sound of its Tipo V12 was music....

guyfo Registered User

shamwari said:
If I were to buy an ex-F1 Ferrari then it would be this baby - a year before the one posted by the OP

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/28/alain-prosts-fated-ferrari-641-2-f1-car-under-the-hammer-at-mar/

I saw this particular car race at Silverstone and sound of its Tipo V12 was music....

Interesting quote in the description of that add.

"Senna was on pole, Prost right next to him. The lights flashed green, both drivers sped into the first corner where Senna closed the door on Prost and the two collided. Their race was over, and the title was handed to Senna."

Funny i seem to remember it being the opposite way round.

guyfo said:
Interesting quote in the description of that add.

"Senna was on pole, Prost right next to him. The lights flashed green, both drivers sped into the first corner where Senna closed the door on Prost and the two collided. Their race was over, and the title was handed to Senna."

Funny i seem to remember it being the opposite way round.

Is that you, Ayrton?

smellslikeshoes Registered User

Monty Burnz said:
Is that you, Ayrton?

Um he's right though, the quote is bollocks.
Prost was in front coming into the first corner when Senna made a move most agree was intended to take them both out.

I guess the writer of that article was one of the few people who think Senna actually intended to make that corner and just got his names mixed up.

smellslikeshoes said:
Um he's right though, the quote is bollocks.

Um...it was a joke.

Monty Burnz said:
Um...it was a joke.

Jokes are supposed to be funny.

smellslikeshoes said:
Jokes are supposed to be funny.

No call for that tbh.

Monty Burnz said:
No call for that tbh.

Your comment about it being a joke was snide.
Not going to post anything more on it, don't want to bring thread any further off topic.

smellslikeshoes said:
Your comment about it being a joke was snide.

Yes, that was why I put a smiley face there - the universal sign of sarkiness.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!