TestTransmission Registered User

This is a new thread which has been opened in total agreement by the motor mods.This is a completely new thread and is to be seen in a different light than how the old thread was.

1.This thread is for motoring topics which you feel are not worthy of starting a new thread for, banter from a meet or general motoring related chit chat.

2.No lonely hearts (This is not a personal dig at anyone, it's how we feel is the best way to describe what we want to avoid. )

3.Keep it clean.

4.The Motors charter applies.

this thread has now been replaced

Limerick man said:
And with that we move onto a new thread found here

4 people have thanked this post
conzy Registered User

Fair play!

13 people have thanked this post
Mycroft H Registered User

TestTransmission said:
This is a new thread which has been opened in total agreement by the motor mods.This is a completely new thread and is to be seen in a different light than how the old thread was.

1.This thread is for motoring topics which you feel are not worthy of starting a new thread for, banter from a meet or general motoring related chit chat.

2.No lonely hearts (This is not a personal dig at anyone, it's how we feel is the best way to describe what we want to avoid. )

3.Keep it clean.

4.The Motors charter applies.

Wahey it lives! Nice one

Limerick man Registered User

BX 19 said:
Wahey it lives! Nice one

No, it's dead. This is a new thread as above.

conzy Registered User

That Maserati Club meet stopped in Kilkenny over the weekend, there was some savage metal on display including a Gran Turismo S with all the carbon trim. I'll stick up some pics in the HWIST thread later

4 people have thanked this post

Limerick
No, it's dead. This is a new thread as above.

Well a variant of the OT lives...

Alanstrainor Moderator

Need to get a new battery for the feckin Polo. The thing is completely dead, not holding a charge at all any more. It barely lasts a day after jumping.

I wouldn't bother if you were getting rid of it.

1 person has thanked this post
Atomic Pineapple Registered User

Anyone know how to fix a head units cd player, the head unit in my ST made a few strange noise's over the weekend and decided to stop reading CD's then, everything else works fine, do those CD cleaners actually do anything or are they a bit of a gimmick?

Alanstrainor Moderator

BX 19 said:
I wouldn't bother if you were getting rid of it.

You're probably right.

Alanstrainor said:
You're probably right.

You'd get a used one for 20 quid or a new cheap one for 40, put a new battery in it. Silly to sell a car with a crap battery.

3 people have thanked this post
Veloce Registered User

Anybody on here have a 2007 3 Series Coupe? (320i or 320d) I have always wondered what the handling is like on these chassis? Sluggish or tight?

OSI Moderator

draffodx said:
Anyone know how to fix a head units cd player, the head unit in my ST made a few strange noise's over the weekend and decided to stop reading CD's then, everything else works fine, do those CD cleaners actually do anything or are they a bit of a gimmick?

The CD cleaners just have a brush on them that cleans the laser. Won't do much for anything that's broken inside. You could take the HU out and see if you can open it up. CD's players aren't overly complex inside so if somethings broken, you'll see straight away.

1 person has thanked this post
Jimbob 83 Registered User

Pick one, or anyone else seen any nice ones on other sites ?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!