lmimmfn Registered User

at that price i would go for an OCZ Vertex Agility 3 60Gig drive for £56.23( ok, before everyone chimes in, not the fastest, asynch mem etc, but superb performance for the price ), ok less space but i have a 120 gig version and tbh other than OS and a few apps its pointless stuffing everything on it( until theyre cheaper per gig than Harddrives ).

The drives come into their own for boot times, however windows is soo crappy theres minimal difference in the top end SSD to medium/consumer market drives. 8 is supposed to have improved that, havnt tried it yet though.

god's toy Registered User

So was/is that a 128GB or a 60GB?

Just looking at the Product Specifications on that page it says 60GB but the rest says 128GB?

Product Specifications
General
Brand: OCZ
Item Height : 10 millimetres
Item Width: 7.1 centimetres
Hard Drive
Hard Drive Size: 60 GB

Tar.Aldarion /flails limbs

It's 120, you can tell from the old price.

Also as regards it being slower than faster drives, if you buy 2 and put them in raid you have a 240gb ssd that is as fast as the newest ssds for 150e. Pity I dont have 150e

vibe666 Registered User

oh pay day, pay day, wherefore art thou pay day?

I Kill You Scum! Registered User

Down a few quid now. £54.99. SSD prices are going nuts, makes a nice change from spinning HDDs prices a few months ago.

Gets better and better!

TPD Registered User

Tar.Aldarion said:
It's 120, you can tell from the old price.

Also as regards it being slower than faster drives, if you buy 2 and put them in raid you have a 240gb ssd that is as fast as the newest ssds for 150e. Pity I dont have 150e

Temptation is reaching critical levels here

Redisle Registered User

The crucial M4 has come way down now too. Currently £62.48 or about 78 euro delieverd. This one is a good offer too but the M4 is a better drive.

Redisle said:
The crucial M4 has come way down now too. Currently £62.48 or about 78 euro delieverd. This one is a good offer too but the M4 is a better drive.

But also half the storage!

Redisle Registered User

Ah! Hadn't realised this was 120gb! Fantastic value at that price.

psicic Registered User

Leaving aside the excellent value OP, just to note that, Pixmania seems to have similar prices (inc delivery and the adjusted VAT rate) on SSD.

On lower capacities, Pixmania seems to have the edge
So, the Crucial M4 64GB works out at €79 delivered. Amazon gives me a total of about €81 for the same drive including delivery.

The OCZ Agility 3 60GB is about €74 delivered on Pixmania. Going through Amazon's checkout the price is €74.89

On higher capacities, Amazon has the slight edge (Komplett also tend to have beet prices than Pixmania on this range):

The OCZ Agility 3 120GB:
Pixmania €134 Amazon €117

Crucial M4 128GB
Pixmania €140 Amazon €120.61

justsomebloke Registered User

ordered one of these last night but I can't see them coming back into stock but hell you never know

ch750536 Registered User

Not a great ssd. I would pay more for this myself.

God Father Registered User

ch750536 said:
Not a great ssd. I would pay more for this myself.

Apples and Oranges.

That costs almost twice as much.

The Vertex Plus does 250MB/s read and 160MB/s write, considering that Sata 2 maxs at about 285MB/s read it is perfectly quick and well suited to Sata2 devices and even Sata3 for the cheap price.

Thanks OP I've a 60GB OCZ Agility 3 which I love and I've ordered this for my Laptop. SSD FTW!

dr.bollocko Moderator

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!