Weathercheck Registered User

Whoever was the Marketer for this shop deserve a reward!

What a clever way to drum up support and business for the company.

Absolute class act!

sweetie Registered User

I remember buying my commodore 64 games in peats back in the day and they had one of their female staff on the den discussing computer games...she was a looker too.
Hope they emerge from this a stronger, leaner business.

Dre as in Dray Registered User

I remember Peats selling a DVD player to an old couple and then charging them 50 pounds to have it unlocked to play american movies. I was disgusted with them after that.

millymash12 Registered User

Bought me first sega came in there - street fighter 2 turbo - 60 pounds!!! - all my communion money can still remember the day - my first and last time in there sadly.

thethingis Registered User

sweetie said:
I remember buying my commodore 64 games in peats back in the day and they had one of their female staff on the den discussing computer games...she was a looker too.
Hope they emerge from this a stronger, leaner business.

Oh yeah, going for bust.

darconio said:
Judging by the queue they had outside on saturday morning, I would say people are glad to see the shop reopened

I wonder how many people bought something or were just there for a look and some nostalgia...

Weathercheck said:
Whoever was the Marketer for this shop deserve a reward!

What a clever way to drum up support and business for the company.

Absolute class act!

Probably the same marketer Bewleys had a few years back.

positron Registered User

Saw the 'special sale' ads for 52" Sony priced around 3k, down from 5.6k or something silly like that. Based on that alone, I don't know if they have changed much.

RayCon Registered User

Dre as in Dray said:
I remember Peats selling a DVD player to an old couple and then charging them 50 pounds to have it unlocked to play american movies. I was disgusted with them after that.

eoinf Registered User

RayCon said:

Myabe it was a hardware mod. the chip alone cost £20-30.

it was the going rate at the time.

Don't judge.

6 people have thanked this post
the_syco Registered User

darconio said:
introduce some realistic price to compete with the online market

You mean not have stock that you can pick up there and then, but have everything super cheap in 2-3 days time?

1 person has thanked this post
viking Registered User

eoinf said:

Don't judge.

Yeah, richersounds on the South Quays were charging something similar too at the time.

eoinf said:

Don't judge.

No it wasnt , it would take 5 minutes. I beat myself up for not telling the couple.

SpaceFlunky Registered User

Dre as in Dray said:

This just in:

Business tries to make profit by providing services for money.

Sacramento said:
This just in:

Business tries to make profit by providing services for money.

charging 50 pounds to change settings on a DVD player so this old couple could play DVD's from the US. A service they didnt even ask for. Its not offering a service, its taking advantage.

Lets hope things have changed and they do better.

tigershould Registered User

no bargain alert to see here people, move along...

plenty of support for 'irish company' making a profit and creating 'irish jobs' though.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!