Muckit Registered User
#1

Anyone going to try or tried LSP (Liscally ETI) ?




Stuck him in a Ped charolais cow yesterday.

john mayo 10 Registered User
#2

was thinking bout using him alrite .I used CXY from dovea on 3 cows last year .Calfs were born in the last month and very happy with them.Also used PIO from dovea on 4 cows . 1 has calfed amd hes going to be a huge weanling

1 person has thanked this post
john mayo 10 Registered User
#3


Muckit Registered User
#4



Yes if he's by domino, he's a good bull. Through pirate into the mix aswell and you've onto a winner

#5

Muckit said:
Anyone going to try or tried LSP (Liscally ETI) ?




Stuck him in a Ped charolais cow yesterday.


will you have to semen royalty fees if you register a calf by him ?

Muckit Registered User
#6

vanderbadger said:
will you have to pay semen royalty fees if you register a calf by him ?


I paid €30 for to get her Ai'd. I assumed that some of that was towards that.

If i have a whopper of a live calf out of her next January I won't mind if I've a few extra pound to pay. I don't think I will though. Perhaps somebody else knows?

#7

Muckit said:
I paid €30 for to get her Ai'd. I assumed that some of that was towards that.

If i have a whopper of a live calf out of her next January I won't mind if I've a few extra pound to pay. I don't think I will though. Perhaps somebody else knows?


One thing about CXY. He definitely needs a tall cow, to get the best out of his offspring.

#8

I haven't used any of the new bulls at Dovea yet but a bull I used, and bred well for us is Roundhill Doc (RHI). Not hard calved, and a lot of style to the calves. I would think on good second calvers he would work well.

Muckit Registered User
#9

Bizzum said:
I haven't used any of the new bulls at Dovea yet but a bull I used, and bred well for us is Roundhill Doc (RHI). Not hard calved, and a lot of style to the calves. I would think on good second calvers he would work well.


RHI was my first choice He hadn't any in the tank so decided to chance LSP. Fingers crossed I won't be disappointed

There's alot of truth to what the AI man said to me... you need to be trying new upcoming bulls when pedigree breeding as alot of older bull genes already in the suckler herd

Figerty Registered User
#10

I have a PIO weanling calf and he is a big lad, show calf from a Charlois cow,,, problem was getting him out, had to section.
Choose him for easy calving cows, but he has a massive arse and hips.


john mayo 10 said:
was thinking bout using him alrite .I used CXY from dovea on 3 cows last year .Calfs were born in the last month and very happy with them.Also used PIO from dovea on 4 cows . 1 has calfed amd hes going to be a huge weanling

Bigbird1 Registered User
#11

CXY is really producing the goods according to a local AI man, says they hes the best Charolais bull Dovea have shape and style, LSP is a super looking bull i seen him at Tullamore show before they bought him,breeding well aswel i heard, i have used Alibaba and Furey Action in the last 2 years both hard enough calved,i liked Alibaba the best good long shapey calves light boned though.

I used TZA and the culard LANZAC in the past,both bred good cattle on the right cow. i heard LSP had a price tag of in the region of €20,000, so their is a lot expected from him.

1 person has thanked this post
Bigbird1 Registered User
#12

I think a pedigree royalty of about €30 apply s at time of registration, im not 100% sure on this.

1 person has thanked this post
#13

Bigbird1 said:
used Fury Action in the last 2 years both hard enough calved


What did you make of the Fury Action calves apart from them hard calved?

Bigbird1 said:
I think a pedigree royalty of about €30 apply s at time of registration, im not 100% sure on this.


The Society stop the fee at registration alright. Different bulls have different royalty fees. The AI stations often have a list of the fees. In a way I'd sooner this than paying a premium up front for the straw. At least you only pay once,when the straw is a success!

whymeagain Registered User
#14

i`ve a bull out of cottage devon a rat of a calf out of a good pb cow, i got an invoice for 75 euro for registering him . not worth it

#15

Bizzum said:
I haven't used any of the new bulls at Dovea yet but a bull I used, and bred well for us is Roundhill Doc (RHI). Not hard calved, and a lot of style to the calves. I would think on good second calvers he would work well.


I had a RHI heifer calf in December out of a CF52 fourth calver . Very small born and still isnt wonderful .

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!