This highlights exactly why secularism is necessary. There are only two fair options, build a school for every belief out there, or make all schools equal. Of course the second is really the only option.

I-Shot-Jr Registered User

Zombrex said:
This highlights exactly why secularism is necessary. There are only two fair options, build a school for every belief out there, or make all schools equal. Of course the second is really the only option.

From what I understand she wants her children to be taught Catholicism and raised catholic by the school. And she can't do this herself...because?

When I have kids I'm going to demand that the state provide them education on the force and the ways of the jedi. Let's see how far I get.

7 people have thanked this post
Icepick Registered User

mikhail said:
In the end, He'll do more good with that than all of us put together are likely to achieve in the name of atheism.

That's because there is nothing to achieve in the name of atheism.

The entire debate about atheism and agnosticism is a red herring.
If someone asks you if there are unicorns or fairies, do you answer I don't know or no?

1 person has thanked this post
Gbear Registered User

Icepick said:
That's because there is nothing to achieve in the name of atheism.

The entire debate about atheism and agnosticism is a red herring.
If someone asks you if there are unicorns or fairies, do you answer I don't know or no?

You say "I don't know" because one can never know for certain.
In the strictest sense everyone should be agnostic about literally everything.
However, I'm afairyest because I do not believe there are fairies.

The question of atheist or theist pertains to belief. You're either one or the other. Either you believe or you don't believe. What you know is a different question.

"Is there a god" is one of agnostic or gnostic. Most Theists seem to gnostic.
Most atheists if you were to really push them and if they were being logically consistent would be agnostic.

Sparks Moderator

Gbear said:
Most atheists if you were to really push them and if they were being logically consistent would be agnostic.

<insert reference to teapot in Mars orbit here>

Gbear Registered User

Sparks said:
<insert reference to teapot in Mars orbit here>

And yes, agnostic about teapots.

One might've escaped from the space shuttle and found it's way to orbit around mars!

Sparks Moderator

Gbear said:
One might've escaped from the space shuttle and found it's way to orbit around mars!

Insufficient delta-v...

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!