Ironman76 Registered User

Signed up for a two year Meteor bill pay yesterday. They told me I could keep my old number and it would take 2-3 hours for my SIM to be activated. One day later and no joy. Tried calling every Meteor store in Dublin, no answer. Tried their customer service helpline. They want my number but its not activated yet?? ! Tried their forum but they want a pin number? ?! Lodged a complaint on their site but never heard anything back. Before I signed my contract the chap in the store told me Id never have any problem getting a customer service agent on the phone.

Anyone know if Id have any trouble cancelling my contract? My phone isnt activated yet. I left my last network because of bad customer service and really dont want to go down this road again.

UnknownSpecies Registered User

Ports can take up to 48 hours, which they should have told you when you signed up.

1 person has thanked this post
yellowbear Registered User

They should have given you a meteor sim card that they are going to port your number over too.
This will have a meteor number on it at the minute.
The documentation you recieved in the shop should have this number and a pin for the sim card.

That is what the customer service helpline and forum would have been looking for.

dorgasm said:
Ports can take up to 48 hours, which they should have told you when you signed up.

Cheers. Finally managed to get someone on the phone and they said the same. I have no problem with that. Just very frustrating being told 2-3 hours and then not being able to talk to a Meteor rep.

Africa Registered User

You moved to Meteor because of bad customer service? First mistake there my friend... they are the worst out of the lot of them. They must be considered amongst the worst in Ireland, along with UPC and Airtricity...

Anyway. Hope you get it sorted. I have had nothing but trouble with meteor in the past and was pleased to move away from them.

3 people have thanked this post
RangeR Registered User

Ironman76 said:
Cheers. Finally managed to get someone on the phone and they said the same. I have no problem with that. Just very frustrating being told 2-3 hours and then not being able to talk to a Meteor rep.

There are a few trains of thought on this.

All providers generally state that ports may take 48 hours. However, anecdotally, about 90% can be processed within 30 minutes to 2 hours.

48 hours is stated to ease confusion and lessen support calls. The retail agent probably mentioned 2 to 3 hours as that is 'the norm'.

UnknownSpecies Registered User

The above is true. When I was doing ports for customers I'd ALWAYS say up to 48 hours but tell them it could be quicker depending how busy porting is at any given time.

wmpdd3 Registered User

Re: canceling your contract, you have EDIT : 10 days to cancel under the consumer credit act.

The cooling off period in the Consumer Credit Act is 10 days, and can be waived by the consumer. If you have waived your right to a cooling off period, you may not cancel now.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1995/en/act/pub/0024/sec0050.html#sec50

A waiver forms the basis of many service contracts like this. Check your documentation.

tomasL Registered User

u wrong,im with meteor over seven years,never had any problems,u blame upc but still everyone signs them,cos they have best product.

The people in the Meteor stores couldnt be more helpful and friendly in fairness. They have sorted out any issues Ive had so far. I will be sticking with them for this reason and apologise for the slightly over the top thread. My issue wasnt with their network or coverage, just trying to get to speak to someone on the phone.

Just Ive come from another network that has been a disaster the last few months, you couldnt make some of the stuff up. This is why I signed up with Meteor.

Thanks for the replies.

Pacing Mule Registered User

Ironman76 said:
The people in the Meteor stores couldnt be more helpful and friendly in fairness. They have sorted out any issues Ive had so far. I will be sticking with them for this reason and apologise for the slightly over the top thread. My issue wasnt with their network or coverage, just trying to get to speak to someone on the phone.

Just Ive come from another network that has been a disaster the last few months, you couldnt make some of the stuff up. This is why I signed up with Meteor.

Thanks for the replies.

Bet it was 3

Nutsflyer Registered User

Ironman76 said:

Thanks for the replies.

Bet it was 3

meteor are nothing but a pack of liars.

viclemronny Registered User

If you're porting from Vodafone, the delay was probably on their end. All of the other networks have an automated system, whereby the network you're porting to sends a request and it's either automatically accepted or denied (depending on whether or not you have outstanding time on your contract, etc.)

Vodafone, however, still operate a manned system for this. Essentially, if your request is at the bottom of the pile or someone called in sick that day, prepare to wait if you're porting off their network.

R0bb01987 Registered User

Ive been with them a few years now and found my bills were high, they rang me up and signed me up for the smart 50 plan with free texts to any network. the bills were what I expected then I got a text in March with my bill balance which was odd. The bill was twice what it normally was. I rang up and they said my texts to any network was a gimmick for a year and ran out (bearing in mind the contract was 18 month). I was then told I could have had them added onto the plan for €10 extra a month. The main reason I was annoyed was they send you messages for everything else yet this coming to an end wasnt referred to me.

So I decided to register a complaint. I went onto their website and used the complaint form. got a message saying I would receive an acknowledgement and my complaint would be dealt with in 5 working days. no acknowlegment and no response. I then faxed and posted my complaint and kept a copy of the fax confirmation. 5 days later I got a call saying we have received your complaint and you will get a response in 5 to 10 working days. on the tenth working day I rang to see if it was being dealt with and the chap on the phone has no idea why I was calling etc etc. I was told I would get a phonecall the nect day from a manager. two days later I got a phonecall from the customer service line and when I answered I was on hold then put throught to someone who thought I rang him. went mad and found ot someone rang me and put me straight through to this guy as a joke. in fairness to him wasnt his fault bt after a month It was taking the p*ss. I raised my issue with Comreg and got a phonecall from the rudest person ive ever spoke to in Meteor, he went through the options etc and I asked for an email or letter to confirm it as everytime you ring they have no clue, he said I wouldnt get either and if I wanted my file and their internal notes I would have to pay €6,40. So ive gone back to Comreg and the case is on going still.

Needless to say I will b moving network however I will get this dealt with just because ive wasted so much time with it.

I use to work in a call centre so I know whats its like getting crap calls one after the other however all 5 people ive spoken to over this all have an attitude which their is no excuse for.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!