totallegend said:
Just FYI, Clermont team is as expected.
http://www.asm-rugby.com/120427-compo.html

Bardy makes the bench

Playing that Jennings Obrien combo, wonder was it a last minute change?

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Isa Nacewa
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Isaac Boss
1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Brad Thorn
6: Sean O'Brien
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Sean Cronin
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Nathan White
19: Devin Toner
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: Eoin Reddan
22: Ian Madigan
23: Fergus McFadden

justsomebloke Registered User

totallegend said:
Just FYI, Clermont team is as expected.
http://www.asm-rugby.com/120427-compo.html

Bardy makes the bench

seriously what a feckin line up!.

Quint2010 Registered User

ssaye said:
Playing that Jennings Obrien combo, wonder was it a last minute change?

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Isa Nacewa
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Isaac Boss
1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Brad Thorn
6: Sean O'Brien
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Sean Cronin
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Nathan White
19: Devin Toner
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: Eoin Reddan
22: Ian Madigan
23: Fergus McFadden

Wow-big call in the back row. McLaughlin unlucky to miss out. Not sure I get that selection to be honest-Jennings to speed the game up but Boss to slow it down?..Hmmm

Quint2010 said:
Wow-big call in the back row. McLaughlin unlucky to miss out. Not sure I get that selection to be honest-Jennings to speed the game up but Boss to slow it down?..Hmmm

Obrien to ball carry 2011 style

5 people have thanked this post
.ak Moderator

Very surprised to see Locky on the bench and not starting. If they picked Boss for the physical aspect, why not start Locky who's a far more abrassive back row option than Jennings who's fairly light but niggily? Unless there was a sort of injury?

Well, in Joe we trust.

WeeBushy Registered User

I am excited to see O'Brien back in the 6 shirt. While I think he's been doing a great job at 7, 6 is ultimately his best position.

WeeBushy Registered User

.ak said:
Very surprised to see Locky on the bench and not starting. If they picked Boss for the physical aspect, why not start Locky who's a far more abrassive back row option than Jennings who's fairly light but niggily? Unless there was a sort of injury?

Well, in Joe we trust.

Amen

10 people have thanked this post

.ak said:

Well, in Joe we trust.

To compete against Lapandry and steal >50%, tight tight game

clsmooth Registered User

.ak said:

Well, in Joe we trust.

Jennings experience gets him the nod i reckon. Natural leaders in Cullen, Thorn, Jennings, Sexton and BOD through the team

2 people have thanked this post
Tox56 Registered User

Jennings was excellent v Munster, and as said above his leadership should help.

1 person has thanked this post
Mr.Applepie Registered User

Quint2010 said:

Jennings frees up SOB to run more ball. What Boss is very good at is getting our forwards on to the ball at pace to punch holes. I'd say we'll be attacking around the fringes.

I don't think Boss is slower per say, he just tends to use forward grunt more.

WeeBushy Registered User

clsmooth said:
Jennings experience gets him the nod i reckon. Natural leaders in Cullen, Thorn, Jennings, Sexton and BOD through the team

McLaughlin is a HC winning player with bags of experience, and has started many big games over Jennings. He's also highly regarded as a leader by the Leinster management. That's not the reason imo.

Quint2010 Registered User

WeeBushy said:
I am excited to see O'Brien back in the 6 shirt. While I think he's been doing a great job at 7, 6 is ultimately his best position.

True but we now have no real threat at the back of the line out? Bonnaire will have a field day. And SOB's ball carrying has not been great this season although it has shown signs of coming back to form. To be honest would have been happier if McLoughlin at 6 and SOB at 7.

I think Boss and Jennings to get right up Parra's nose and spoil his game.

Burgo Registered User

Quint2010 said:
True but we now have no real threat at the back of the line out? Bonnaire will have a field day. And SOB's ball carrying has not been great this season although it has shown signs of coming back to form. To be honest would have been happier if McLoughlin at 6 and SOB at 7.

Heaslip? He's made some good breaks off the tail.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!